Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ascent is at the dealership for service, I had said my intermittent wipers aren't working.....they later called and asked if I had had the windshield replaced (which I had over the summer with Safelite) they told me:
WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN REPLACED AND THE RAIN SENSOR WAS RE-USED. FOGGING IN THE ADHESIVE IS CAUSING INTERMITTANT OPERATION.
The fogging is causing the sensor to not register when its raining, The fogging is blocking the sensor from doing its job.

Subaru is ordering the part ($300) and the recalibration is $342. Subaru told me only they can recalibrate the eyesight correctly.....but after contacting Safelite, they say they can replace the sensor and recalibrate....

I don't know what to do!!! I can't get a good answer out of insurance (Liberty mutual) if I pay for the work myself through Subaru if I will get reimbursed. I don't know if it's ok to have Safelite do the work? My gut says to have Subaru do the work.....

Anyone with insight or advice?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
Did insurance pay for the windshield replacement? If so, recalibration should be covered as well since it's covered. I'd say only have Subaru dealer do it, especially if they say they are the only ones able to.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Under the California Insurance Code, a consumer is not required to have repairs done at any insurance company recommended automobile repair shop. However, if a consumer does use an insurance company recommended repair shop, the insurance company must stand behind the repairs if your vehicle is not repaired properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.