Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Thoughts...

Thanks, but my bad! I do have a Touring. Went brain dead a sec.
lol, well, yes, in that case, you should have a rain sensor and rain sensing wipers. :grin:

Please refer to my picture above and let me know if you see the cut out in the glass's masking and see the sensor showing through. You should also be able to see the sensor from the inside. If you're not sure, take pics of that area (one inside and one out) and post them and I will take a look.

It's possible that the shop ordered a non Touring windshield. The rest will not have the "opening" in the black mask to allow the sensor to work. It happens.

I have rain sensing wipers and I hate these. I’ve had them in other cars as well but this model it’s just too **** slow even on high. I wonder if there’s a computer setting where they can up the max high speed because my highs (raining sensing max or high setting) are both way too slow in heavy rain.

I have rain sensing wipers and I hate these. I’ve had them in other cars as well but this model it’s just too **** slow even on high. I wonder if there’s a computer setting where they can up the max high speed because my highs (raining sensing max or high setting) are both way too slow in heavy rain.
I'd have it checked out. Mine are very fast. It's pouring off and on here, so, if it's still raining when I leave work, I'll make you a video showing you how fast yours should be going.

I'd have it checked out. Mine are very fast. It's pouring off and on here, so, if it's still raining when I leave work, I'll make you a video showing you how fast yours should be going.
I had mine in today at the dealer for an oil change and they said there’s nothing the tech can adjust to make them go faster. Having it set to intermittent or high just doesn’t cut it when it’s actually raining and I’m not talking about a torrential downpour (those are rare in my part of NE). Just a good steady rain.

I had mine in today at the dealer for an oil change and they said there’s nothing the tech can adjust to make them go faster. Having it set to intermittent or high just doesn’t cut it when it’s actually raining and I’m not talking about a torrential downpour (those are rare in my part of NE). Just a good steady rain.
That doesn't sound right (their performance). Spin the dial all the way counter clockwise. Are there any coatings on the windshield?

I've had two cars with them already. The sensing isn't perfect but it usually works fairly well. I'd take intermittent if given the choice. Actually it would be best to offer both intermittent and rain sensing, but I know I'm acting spoiled and greedy LOL

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.