Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22’ Onyx, 96 Dodge Ram Cummins 4x4
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
I searched some threads and there wasn’t a whole lot about what you guys thought of rain guards for the Ascent.
My questions would be:

1. Do they hinder visibility while driving? It looks like probably not since they would stop at the little fore-window. That’s really my biggest concern. It was bad in my last vehicle.

2. Which ones are best quality? I think I’d rather not install inside the window channel if possible.

3. Did anyone ever follow through with that third seat window extension? Loved that idea.

4. Any possible links would be a great help as I do most everything on my phone these days and that’s a PITA.

Mucho Gracias!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi Everyone.
I searched some threads and there wasn’t a whole lot about what you guys thought of rain guards for the Ascent.
My questions would be:

1. Do they hinder visibility while driving? It looks like probably not since they would stop at the little fore-window. That’s really my biggest concern. It was bad in my last vehicle.

2. Which ones are best quality? I think I’d rather not install inside the window channel if possible.

3. Did anyone ever follow through with that third seat window extension? Loved that idea.

4. Any possible links would be a great help as I do most everything on my phone these days and that’s a PITA.

Mucho Gracias!
They are the best rain guards I've ever used and I've been using them for well over 15 years. What I really like about them is that you can keep the window cracked open around 1 inch in a parking lot and no one can tell. On ALL the other ones I've owned, anyone could walk by and see that the window was cracked open. They do not hinder your view at all because the window is so large. I'm 5'-8", I don't know if that would make a difference for you. I also keep the window cracked open while driving in the rain. I've never been able to do that on any car in the past. I had ordered them at the same time when I ordered my car back in 2018 and had the dealership put them on before I took possession of the car. Another nice thing about them -- although they are installed on top of the chrome above the window, they do have chrome on top that replaces that being covered up. Looking at them you would never know it. I highly recommend them!!!

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
Hi Everyone.
My questions would be:

Mucho Gracias!
I utterly love mine, especially when overlanding in the desert where I can crack the windows nearly 2" to keep the car cooler.

To your questions...

Yes. A little, but, I don't even notice they're there any more. BUT, they'd just keep catching my attention in the first few weeks.

I really like OEM, because they visually integrate really well, and they use both clips in the window channel and 3M adhesive strips. When installed properly, the channel clips aren't a problem.

No, it turned out to be too expensive to get a set of rain guards to chop up to make them (or more expensive than it was worth).

Shop around and pick the cheapest source here:

Or look up the part number on Google or eBay:

F001SXC000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts