Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
If you search this sub-forum you'll find several threads regarding this issue. It is generally resolved by ensuring your head unit has the latest software update. Most/many of us do that via a WiFi connection to our home router. Have you set up that connection in your vehicle's settings so your vehicle checks for updates every time you start your car? This assumes, of course, that where you park gives it access to a WiFi signal. If not, your dealer can do this for you, plus you might be able to do it with a thumb drive, but I've never attempted that.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
...some also do it via wifi by using their phone as a hot-spot. It takes very roughly 10 minutes or so with the engine running while it downloads and updates, so maybe best done not in the garage.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
...some also do it via wifi by using their phone as a hot-spot. It takes very roughly 10 minutes or so with the engine running while it downloads and updates, so maybe best done not in the garage.
I certainly wouldn't recommend doing this in the garage with the engine running, unless the garage door is open. I did it in the garage with the engine off, but the ignition in the "Accessory" position and it worked fine.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,886 Posts
I certainly wouldn't recommend doing this in the garage with the engine running, unless the garage door is open.
It's not generally a good idea to run a vehicle in the garage for any length of time even with the door open...fume build up may be minimal, but it's still there. Most updates should complete in only a few minutes so just using Accessory mode will work as you experienced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts