Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day the radio volume was not working for about 15 minutes. The sound was low and the volume read out in numbers on the screen changed but the volume level did not change. Anyone else have this happen and if so was anything done about it. You have to keep on top of these glitches to avoid being out of warranty someday and needing a $1900 stereo replacement and that is just the screen unit...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mine did that the other day, so I rebooted it (long pressed the volume button until the logo came up; that shuts it down completely, and then one more short press powers it up again). Everything was fine after that.
F.S.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
The other day the radio volume was not working for about 15 minutes. The sound was low and the volume read out in numbers on the screen changed but the volume level did not change. Anyone else have this happen and if so was anything done about it. You have to keep on top of these glitches to avoid being out of warranty someday and needing a $1900 stereo replacement and that is just the screen unit...
IIRC the rough age of your Ascent, you should take it in and have them look through the TSBs related to amplifier operation. Do you have the Harman Kardon amp?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Every now and then my volume knob will only adjust the Waze map audio, it won't go back to adjusting the radio volume. Have to do a hard reboot of the infotainment system to fix it.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Every now and then my volume knob will only adjust the Waze map audio, it won't go back to adjusting the radio volume. Have to do a hard reboot of the infotainment system to fix it.
Please share your firmware version. Yours sounds like an out of date firmware. That was a known issue fixed in an update.

• Settings - General - System Information

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Please share your firmware version. Yours sounds like an out of date firmware. That was a known issue fixed in an update.

• Settings - General - System Information
As far as i know my firmware is up to date. Any time I see a posting on this site about some firmware update I make sure the dealer takes care of the update. Just a moment ago the volume control (knob as well as steering wheel control) did not function. It felt like the Outer Limits intro. Of course all was well prior to that moment in time and in fact it worked fine after I re-entered the vehicle the next time after a engine restart.

It is bizarre to experience all is well and all of a sudden it isn't without any other external changes. I had not even driven the vehicle today and somehow it decided on its own it would no longer function between the time I parked and the time I restarted the vehicle. I will monitor this volume control issue, email my service advisor to start looking into a TSB and check my head unit version. This will probably go on the list of minor items to look into next time I am in for an oil change. I took possession of my Ascent the end of February 2019 and have the basic audio that came with the Limited.

update: my current version is UA.19.36.70

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
update: my current version is UA.19.36.70
There's a new update, but unless you have an iPhone, I'm not sure if it will help your particular issue. If you do have an iPhone, I'm not sure if it resolves the issue. More later...

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
There's a new update, but unless you have an iPhone, I'm not sure if it will help your particular issue. If you do have an iPhone, I'm not sure if it resolves the issue. More later...
Android s10. But this should have nothing to do with my phone. This was not AA, just the plain radio. I even unplugged my phone so AA was not a consideration. I just got in the car and of course the radio is on but the volume controls had no functionality.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Android s10. But this should have nothing to do with my phone. This was not AA, just the plain radio. I even unplugged my phone so AA was not a consideration. I just got in the car and of course the radio is on but the volume controls had no functionality.
Possibly the amplifier. 😔

1 - 10 of 10 Posts