Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues getting radio preset memory to stay programmed? am/fm seems like they are gone in a couple of days, Satellite, almost overnight??

·
Registered
419 Posts
You need a software update.
https://www.ascentforums.com/#/topics/3187
Whether you have Navigation or not determines whether you can upgrade yourself or need the dealership to do it. Long thread but worth the read. Maybe start from the end and go backwards, you'll find instructions for what you do if you have Nav.

I did it and it fixed my radio preset issue.

F.S.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You need a software update.
https://www.ascentforums.com/#/topics/3187
Whether you have Navigation or not determines whether you can upgrade yourself or need the dealership to do it. Long thread but worth the read. Maybe start from the end and go backwards, you'll find instructions for what you do if you have Nav.

I did it and it fixed my radio preset issue.

F.S.
Your link is not going to the thread.

Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Strange, works on mine. Anyway, go to index:

Subaru Ascent Forum /

2019+ Subaru Ascent General Discussion Forum/

Software and Map Updates - How and Where?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Premium with no Nav (thanks Google/Waze) and had this problem a lot at first. Now it's been about a month without any issues and I never updated at the dealer. It's like alchemy with these things sometimes...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had my Ascent in for a trailer wiring issue (now fixed!) this week and asked them to update the radio software (Premium, no nav) due to presets repeatedly disappearing while it was in. They said Subaru was aware of the problem but no software update was available yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Premium with no Nav (thanks Google/Waze) and had this problem a lot at first. Now it's been about a month without any issues and I never updated at the dealer. It's like alchemy with these things sometimes...
Well I spoke to soon. The day my satellite radio free trial expired all of my AM and FM radio presets disappeared. The XM presets were still there, though. ><

·
Registered
774 Posts
Dealer updated some of my software and mine stopped losing presets at that point. It was happening to me regularly, prior to that.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
I have that same problem, got the update and still the radio loses the presets. Guess I'll take it back to get looked at again.
What's your current firmware version?

• Settings->General->System Information

1 - 10 of 10 Posts