Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So can't pin point when it does it but when we get back in the ascent my homescreen shortcuts turns off even though I have then set to on. Any ideas

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2018 Crosstrek for months. I would lose it at some point and would have to go back and turn it on. Then all my shortcuts would be on. One day I checked to see my preferences for each of us and there were none. We set them shortly after we bought the car. I didn’t check them after the last update at the dealer though. Redid/added me and my wife’s to the preferences Checked the my shortcuts and they were missing. Back into preferences the button was set to on. Redid the shortcuts that I liked. I did that a few days ago. I’m hoping it will do the trick.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you have different drivers, their preferences will be saved. Each profile is associated with the phone that gets connected. Radio presets and whatever options in profile menu are changed. Now if both phones are present then the lead profile is used.

I’m hoping it does the trick....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mainly radio presets are different. We use the phone shortcuts on the home menu for both our Subaru’s. Her phone (people) shortcuts differ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So can't pin point when it does it but when we get back in the ascent my homescreen shortcuts turns off even though I have then set to on. Any ideas
My 2019 Ascent started having issues storing my saved radio stations. Each time I turned the car on the preset stations would be lost. Eventually it would set to AM radio each time I turned the car on. Fast forward two weeks later and my backup camera would shut off intermittently and the Starlink Screen would continuously load. Took it to the dealership and it turns out there’s an update for the radio issues but my car needed a new radio head unit which operates all of these following issues listed above.
Not sure if that’s the beginning of what is happening to your car- but just a heads up if you start noticing similar problems.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
My 2019 Ascent started having issues storing my saved radio stations. Each time I turned the car on the preset stations would be lost. Eventually it would set to AM radio each time I turned the car on. Fast forward two weeks later and my backup camera would shut off intermittently and the Starlink Screen would continuously load. Took it to the dealership and it turns out there’s an update for the radio issues but my car needed a new radio head unit which operates all of these following issues listed above.
Not sure if that’s the beginning of what is happening to your car- but just a heads up if you start noticing similar problems.

Those are different issues, the software update may fix Brawler's.

Razor's combination of issues usually results in a new head unit. Once that's replaced, make sure it's on the latest software version, or you may still have the presets issue and some Android Auto related issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those are different issues, the software update may fix Brawler's.

Razor's combination of issues usually results in a new head unit. Once that's replaced, make sure it's on the latest software version, or you may still have the presets issue and some Android Auto related issues.
Good to know! I will check once I get the call back for installation. Any other questions I should ask?

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Good to know! I will check once I get the call back for installation. Any other questions I should ask?
I forget if you mentioned what trim you have. If you have Nav, don't even bother asking them. Just let me know the firmware version. Otherwise, not much else I can think of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts