Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These new radios do not work like a radio in any other car. Off does not mean off. Why not?

I tend to drive in silence. My day is full of noise so I love the silence. So, radio off. But when I get back into the car, the radio is on by default! I even checked it out in a parking lot to be sure I was not going crazy. I have to hold the power button down for a few seconds and turn off the entire center console to get anywhere. Why can it not just remember the last setting?

Also, can I not shut off the engine and have the radio shut off at the same time?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi! You can turn radio off. Push and hold for a few seconds the volume knob. When I first read that you could not turn radio off I couldnt believe it. I was out yesterday, turned it off. Got back in my car started and the radio did not come on.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Email about the radio [email protected]

These new radios do not work like a radio in any other car. Off does not mean off. Why not?

I tend to drive in silence. My day is full of noise so I love the silence. So, radio off. But when I get back into the car, the radio is on by default! I even checked it out in a parking lot to be sure I was not going crazy. I have to hold the power button down for a few seconds and turn off the entire center console to get anywhere. Why can it not just remember the last setting?

Also, can I not shut off the engine and have the radio shut off at the same time?
Email Subaru today letting them know that you do not like this “feature “.....
Tell them you want a software update right away to fix this so you turn the radio off and it stays off...... if they get enough complaints about this they will do it sooner rather than later ...:tango_face_wink:
Hopefully :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Email Subaru today letting them know that you do not like this “feature “.....
Tell them you want a software update right away to fix this so you turn the radio off and it stays off...... if they get enough complaints about this they will do it sooner rather than later ...:tango_face_wink:
Hopefully :)

Very easy to turn off - just turn the volume down to "0" and it will stay there until you change it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Anyone know why the speech volume doesn't keep its setting? I've adjusted down to 11 from the stock 15, but it keeps reverting back.
This is turn by turn volume using CarPlay.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
I wish...

Robert figured it out but I'm not finding his post.
Alas, I didn't. There seems to be some combination of audio sources that overrides the head unit speech volume. I haven't been able to replicate it yet.

I know how it's supposed to work, lol. Even did a video to help someone else... alas, after a few videos going back and forth, we both watched their system change the volume back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have noticed sometimes it uses my Android Auto Waze as navigation for volume and other times as music volume. Really makes no sense as to when it decides to do one over the other.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
Reported

I have noticed sometimes it uses my Android Auto Waze as navigation for volume and other times as music volume. Really makes no sense as to when it decides to do one over the other.
I reported that yesterday. Today, it will go into my report (with another issue) that will be going to SoA's Ascent Tech Team. It's hopefully addressed in the upcoming firmware release, but, if not, we'll hopefully see it shortly afterwards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts