Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radio interruption happens when my iPhone is plugged into to my 2019 Ascent with the iheart radio open, and while iheart radio is on, I would simply press radio on the dash to listen to local stations, and radio would just go mute. When I press the memory button, it comes back then goes off after a few seconds. I would change to other stations, and same thing happens. The dealer checked it out with no resolution. I recently learned that when my iPhone is unplugged from the car, the radio sound comes back with no interruption. When I plug it back on I would get an interruption. Am I suppose to unplug the phone from the car to listen to the radio?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Radio interruption happens when my iPhone is plugged into to my 2019 Ascent with the iheart radio open, and while iheart radio is on, I would simply press radio on the dash to listen to local stations, and radio would just go mute. When I press the memory button, it comes back then goes off after a few seconds. I would change to other stations, and same thing happens. The dealer checked it out with no resolution. I recently learned that when my iPhone is unplugged from the car, the radio sound comes back with no interruption. When I plug it back on I would get an interruption. Am I suppose to unplug the phone from the car to listen to the radio?
No, you're not supposed to... but it sounds like an app on the phone keep grabbing media audio focus, or, you have a loose cable connection between phone and cable, which keeps resetting the data signal and restarting Carplay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts