Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question that likely has a simple answer, but I can't figure it out: when I turn off my radio, then turn off the engine, I expect the radio to remain off when I next restart the engine. That's not the case. It defaults to on. How do I edit the default??

·
Registered
598 Posts
Only way is to lower the volume to 0 before turning car off or try pressing and holding mute/volume button until HU turns off. I think that holds when turning car off and then back on again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Simple question that likely has a simple answer, but I can't figure it out: when I turn off my radio, then turn off the engine, I expect the radio to remain off when I next restart the engine. That's not the case. It defaults to on. How do I edit the default??
Here is a work around from the Subaru Outback forum that works for me on my Ascent:

As stated in many other threads, the best workaround is to tune the radio to SiriusXM channel 0, which is silent. Set the #1 preset button to this channel by holding it in for a few seconds. If you normally listen to radio, always switch to preset #1 before you turn off the car. If you normally listen to CD or USB sources, just leave preset #1 engaged. You will get silence when you turn the car off, and when you restart it.

This is from this web page on the Subaru Outback forum:
https://www.subaruoutback.org/forum...33-want-keep-radio-off-vehicle-startup-2.html

·
Registered
494 Posts
A quick tap of the power button actually only mutes whatever is playing. The muting does not continue when you restart the engine.. If you hold down the power button, the head unit will turn off and it will remain off after a restart.

THANK YOU!!! That has been driving me nuts! Going to give it a try tomorrow

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A quick tap of the power button actually only mutes whatever is playing. The muting does not continue when you restart the engine.. If you hold down the power button, the head unit will turn off and it will remain off after a restart.
Yes, thank you! I knew it had to be something simple I was overlooking

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bingo. Wasn’t annoying, but something that my wife noticed. No longer a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts