Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m very unimpressed with the OEM brakes as many are on here. In 30k they shudder and are worn down to about 3mm. My wife has a 2019 Limited, she commutes in moderate traffic. I see R1 concept and BrakePerformance.com offers a full brake kit, has anyone had any luck with them? R1 only offer the OE style pads, does anyone know what material The OE pads are made from? Other vehicles we had in the past OEM brakes last 80-100k mainly trucks and SUV’s , There are some on here with the mentality that use OEM only or your car will burst into flames and Satan will take your first born son, so I don’t need someones advice to use OEM again. Has anyone used R1 concepts, or Brakeperformance.com brakes on their Ascent yet? Curious to know factory pad material as well?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am all for the aftermarket option, but have you had the brakes looked at/replaced under warranty? I had a real bad shudder and my local dealer took care of it. Replaced both front rotors at the minimum. No problems since.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I’m with you and will probably go with aftermarket brake pads when the time comes. There are not too many choices right now. FYI Powerstop makes the pads too.

FourMoBro had a good point Subaru does actually cover brakes under the 3/36 warranty. They replaced my fronts under the warranty. I was surprised because I never had any manufacturer warranty wear items. There were some updates to the pads since your car was born. So if you are under the 36k miles go to the dealer for a brake job under warranty. Otherwise let me know how your new aftermarket pads work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts