Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best cleaner and way to clean the dash pad.
It has a strange rubbery like texture that seems to attract paw prints... and it wont just wipe clean with dry rag.

I used armorall on an old car I had and it looked terrible afterwards.
What is everyone else using or do you all have well-behaved doggies that don't put their paws on passenger side dash?

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
303 is a good idea. Never thought of it for the dash. I use it on my canoe which is stored upside down in the sun and shows no sign of UV damage.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Another vote for 303. Doesnt leave a greasy film and more of a matte finish compared to other products.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just to clarify to the OP, 303 is a great product (303 Aerospace Protectant), but it is not a cleaner. Be sure to use an interior detailer of some sort (of which there are a myriad of good products from reputable detailing companies, including 303 interior cleaner) before applying 303 Protectant.

The Mckee's 37 Fast Interior Detailer that I enjoy using for quick clean ups is an interior cleaner and light protectant at the same time - a great product to use in between full details that require a stronger dedicated interior cleaner and protectant.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Another vote for Aerospace 303. It's the best product available for this. Never use anything caustic like Clorox wipes, they contain bleach which can damage interior surfaces over time. Clean it with mild soap and water, or buy a mild car interior cleaner. Then apply a light coating of Aerospace 303 by first spraying it on a microfiber cloth and then wiping it on. Buff it after it dries. It will leave a nice matte finish. You can also get Aerospace 303 in convenient wipes.

Aerospace 303 contains no damaging chemicals or oils and will leave a protective coating that will protect your car's interior from UV which is one of the most damaging factors. You can use Aerospace 303 on almost all non-porous surfaces of your interior (do not use it on cloth seats and keep it away from the glass as it will leave streaks). If you have leather seats, Aerospace 303 is actually one of the best protects available for finished (coated) leather and does not contain oils that can attract dirt and grime or clog the perforated leather of the vented seats.

I buy the stuff by the gallon. It's useful for so many things and I haven't found anything better after decades of trying all kinds of other protectants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts