Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the page. where all dash symbols appear......it is lacking the icy road warning. Yesterday, we had a fast temp drop....all of a sudden the symbol appears. searched for 20 min. trying to find out...SO. when temp goes below 35. it will illuminate until its over 41....kinda annoying. btw. we only got the car in May. so. this was first temp drop....probably will see it tho, till April....

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
811 Posts
On the page. where all dash symbols appear......it is lacking the icy road warning. Yesterday, we had a fast temp drop....all of a sudden the symbol appears. searched for 20 min. trying to find out...SO. when temp goes below 35. it will illuminate until its over 41....kinda annoying. btw. we only got the car in May. so. this was first temp drop....probably will see it tho, till April....
Yes, it's missing from the guage diagram in my 2019 manual also but it's listed in the description of the symbols on the following pages, very last one on page 25 which refers to page 194 for the details.

There it says 37 degrees triggers the warning which is when I have been seeing it show up.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think the reason it isn't shown on the page 21 diagram is that unlike the other fixed warning/info indicators on the dash (all those shown around the tach and speedo), what's shown in that area of the Combination Meter Display can vary.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
Our other Subarus have had a similar feature/warning, so when mine came on the other day (and again today) it wasn't a surprise or unknown. Subaru is like that. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
And if you're on a long trip, it'll pop up and say "Your ignition has been on for 2 hours" . A reminder to take a break :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts