Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple questions for those who saw auto show pre-production models.

Was I dreaming, or did the 2nd row seats have a flat surface between the captains chairs during the auto shows? We just test drove an Ascent Limited last week and I honestly have no recollection of there being a step up (stadium seating) between the two captains chairs. I remember the area between the chairs being flat and if there was stadium seating, it was only in the third row. I know the Portland auto show was back in January, so maybe my memory is just bad, but I honestly don’t remember having to step up in between the captains chairs to get to the third row. I absolutely could have had rose colored glasses on though.

I also recall the 2nd row seats being able to adjust further forward and backward and I don’t remember sitting in the 2nd row and hitting my feet on the bump out under the seat (part of the stadium seating).

Please tell me I’m not making this all up. ?

At the auto show, it really did feel like I had more room in the 2nd and 3rd row, compared to seeing it last week.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I remember the step up (stadium seating) as I have that in my Xterra and I know the kids like being a bit higher. I can't say I remember the bump out under the seat when I checked out a limited last month but maybe I just didn't stick my feat far enough under or didn't have the front seat moved forward enough as the car battery was disconnected.

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
The second row is perfectly flat all the way across. The third row is "stadium" - it's flat all the way across, but higher than the 2nd row.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that the second row is flat across the part where your feet go, but the section between the captains chairs is bumped up, or at least it was in the pre-production model that I test drove last week. Do you know if it will be flat in between the two captains chairs? Or will that be where the stadium seating starts in the production models?

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
I saw that the second row is flat across the part where your feet go, but the section between the captains chairs is bumped up, or at least it was in the pre-production model that I test drove last week. Do you know if it will be flat in between the two captains chairs? Or will that be where the stadium seating starts in the production models?
It's three level, and the 2nd and 3rd levels are flat.

You know what the first row looks like... the 2nd row floor is flat from left to right, starting at the edges of the Captain's Chairs (it's almost like a mini platform). The 2nd row seats are on a raised area, which is flat all the way across and to the edge of the third row seat. The third row seat is raised a bit above that.

Check out this video:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Robert! I was hoping the floor between the captains chairs would be the same height as the flat section in front of them. My main reason being our 110lb dog could squeeze between the captains chairs. I know Subaru doesn’t recommend a dog being in that part of the vehicle, but it would be nice if she could lay there. ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts