Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent Limited
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery question: Does anyone know what the T means in the Odyssey battery? Specifically, what is the difference (if any) between the 35-PC1400T (mentioned in the forums) and the 35-PC1400 (sold online) ?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Just called Autozone in WA and they could not pull up the 35-PC1400 nor the 35-PC1400T. They could only pull up a "platinum 35 AGM" that sells for $217 for the 2020 Ascent. Probably going to order the 35-PC1400 online for $304 and then have an independent shop install.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Autozone and Speedway both say that battery is not for 2021 Ascent.

This could be that Subaru has not given these 2 the information they need to qualify it however.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
303 Posts
the link that Robert posted is the one that I got from my local AutoZone (they had to order it, but it got there in a day or two). Installed myself with the help of an OBD II memory keeper. Easy Peasy, no issues with fitment, seems to work perfectly fine in my 2019.

edit: Oh and this AGM battery was also discussed elsewhere on the forums in multiple threads (most having to do with the dead battery liftgate parasitic drain thing) - and from what I can gather, because it's an AGM and not a standard flooded lead battery, there could be a potential issue with the alternator recharging the battery if you routinely take long trips. What with COVID spiking again, my *$$ ain't going anywhere long distance for a while... LOL

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent Limited
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. In the end, I got the Odyssey battery and the box had the T and the battery did not. So... No diff?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.