Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've browsed the forum here more than once and sincerely appreciate the advice shared!

I've owned previous Subarus, mostly Outbacks, and am learning my way around a new 2022 Ascent Limited.

I had a quick question on whether or not a specific set of wheels would work and couldn't find the answer in some of the other great wheel threads.

My Ascent came with factory 20" wheels and 245/50R20 tires. What I'd like to purchase are BLIZZAK DM-V2 tires in a 245/60R18 size to wrap around Radius WI15 rims in size 18" x 8" with 45mm offset.

Any advice on if that exact wheel would work in terms of brake clearance and full turning? Would the 35mm offset be better?

I'm also unfamiliar with the "centric rings" it says it comes with. Any insight is appreciated! Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If TR says they fit, then they should clear the rotors. I would stick to the 45mm offset over the 35mm offset. Your only concern would be if the load rating of the rim is above 1650lbs, preferably above 1800lbs. I do not see a load rating on the TR page. Try the manufacturer to confirm if TR cannot provide it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts