Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When all of you got your VIN, did SOA send an email? Was it your dealer? Or did you call SOA?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
I contact my salesperson once every week or two. So he happened to check and the VIN came up. I know others have had to contact SOA.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contact my salesperson once every week or two. So he happened to check and the VIN came up. I know others have had to contact SOA.
I'm probably annoying the crap our of SoA and my dealer calling every week. I ordered May 26 and had they put me in the August allocation. I'm sure nothing is going to happen early for me since I ordered so late. But I'm tired of my 08 Accord!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had to contact my dealer to check on the status of the car as I did not get anything but the initial "Thanks for ordering acknowledgement" from SOA.

I am in CT so I know SNE does things a bit differantly

·
Registered
492 Posts
When all of you got your VIN, did SOA send an email? Was it your dealer? Or did you call SOA?
I kept actively asking our dealer and just kept getting a vague ETA and nothing else.

So, I decided to email SoA last night and asked for an official ETA, status, and if we had a VIN yet. Heard back this morning with a "Scheduled" status, an ETA of 7/20 and our VIN!

The only proactive communication we've received so far from Subaru was the thank you for ordering email. And of course the nice gesture of the surprise welcome to the family tote bag :grin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kept actively asking our dealer and just kept getting a vague ETA and nothing else.

So, I decided to email SoA last night and asked for an official ETA, status, and if we had a VIN yet. Heard back this morning with a "Scheduled" status, an ETA of 7/20 and our VIN!

The only proactive communication we've received so far from Subaru was the thank you for ordering email. And of course the nice gesture of the surprise welcome to the family tote bag
Never got an email and didn't get a bag either. Last I checked (about a week ago) all my dealer had was a an August 2018 timeframe.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Never got an email and didn't get a bag either. Last I checked (about a week ago) all my dealer had was a an August 2018 timeframe.
We ordered back when "pre-ordering" first opened up. So I don't know if that corresponds with anything. And a lot of people didn't even get the thank you for pre-ordering email. I suspect because their emails weren't properly inputed by their dealers during the order page/process, or the dealer just used their own email.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do I email SOA? I haven’t gotten any communication since I preordered. No email from SOA, no bag, no VIN. Nothing from the dealer but a we will call you when it comes in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts