Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Proud and excited to say that my wife and I just took home an Ascent for her. Personally I drive and love my 16 Forester, and so far I'm not disappointed with the Ascent. We've been playing with all the gadgets and whatnot on her car but it seems to be missing something I love that's on my Forester. With my car you can see your entire trip A & B average MPG as well as your individual trip mpg every time I drive anywhere like work etc. Seems like the Ascent doesn't have this feature and only has trip A & B unless I'm missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey guys! Proud and excited to say that my wife and I just took home an Ascent for her. Personally I drive and love my 16 Forester, and so far I'm not disappointed with the Ascent. We've been playing with all the gadgets and whatnot on her car but it seems to be missing something I love that's on my Forester. With my car you can see your entire trip A & B average MPG as well as your individual trip mpg every time I drive anywhere like work etc. Seems like the Ascent doesn't have this feature and only has trip A & B unless I'm missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

It's all there. The A and B are on the display at the steering wheel beside the speedometer. The individual trip is on one of the screens you flip to that sets on the dash above the radio/navigation system. It think it has 3 buttons, the center one say View and the other two are to go up or down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you...I checked there since that's where it is in my Forester, and didn't see it. I'm gonna assume you are correct and I'm a dummy that overlooked it ? I'll investigate again next time I'm in her car. Thanks a lot for the response, much appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did anyone find this? I can see trip A and B average mpg, but the only other option is to see instantaneous mpg, which for me is useless. Is there a way to see average mpg for the current trip (measured from when the engine is turned on)?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Did anyone find this? I can see trip A and B average mpg, but the only other option is to see instantaneous mpg, which for me is useless. Is there a way to see average mpg for the current trip (measured from when the engine is turned on)?
Yes, at least there is on our 2019 Premium, assuming I understand your question correctly. Above the radio is a small screen, below that is an "Info" button, which when repeatedly pushed cycles through a variety of screens telling you approximately how many miles are left on the tank of gas, average mpg for that tank of gas, current mpg, and another one or two that I can't remember right now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have asked about this in another post. My 2018 Premium Forester has it ,but alas, my new Limited Ascent that cost $15,000 more does not have this feature. I have looked at the manual and scrolled thru the setting and this feature is just not to be found..If I can remember, I'll get a pic of it the next time I drive the Forster.( for those who don't quite understand what we are talking about.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have asked about this in another post. My 2018 Premium Forester has it ,but alas, my new Limited Ascent that cost $15,000 more does not have this feature. I have looked at the manual and scrolled thru the setting and this feature is just not to be found..If I can remember, I'll get a pic of it the next time I drive the Forster.( for those who don't quite understand what we are talking about.)
This is exactly what I'm talking about, and I also saw it in a Forester from a handful of years ago. Have not been able to find it anywhere on the 2020 Ascent (Limited). The screen I would have expected it to be on would have been the screen between the RPM and speed dials, which I can cycle to show time elapsed since departure and miles driven since departure. That screen has a blank space at the bottom, which would be perfect to show MPG since departure... but it doesn't.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,281 Posts
The current Forester (we have a new MY20 Limited for Professor Dr. SWMBO to drive) has pretty much the same display choices as my Ascent other than HVAC information is displayed up there, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.