Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy the Limited tomorrow but I have one concern! Are these big sunroofs safe? I have looked and I can't find where there are any airbags around the panoramic sunroof. Maybe I'm just a worried Mom and thinking of the extremes, but thought I would ask! Thanks so much for your help!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,214 Posts
Yes, they are safe. Subaru does their testing very thoroughly and the vehicle is designed for maximum safety "as is".

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
I am planning to buy the Limited tomorrow but I have one concern! Are these big sunroofs safe? I have looked and I can't find where there are any airbags around the panoramic sunroof. Maybe I'm just a worried Mom and thinking of the extremes, but thought I would ask! Thanks so much for your help!
Hiya! The massive moonroof (I love mine, btw) is laminated glass. Regardless, as long as people are strapped in, they aren't being ejected through it, and are pretty far away.

Next concern that usually comes up is how does a 4.5 foot long, nearly 4 foot wide moon roof affect vehicle integrity, especially in the event of rollover accidents. Fortunately, for us, and, unfortunately for this Ascent owner, this owner left the highway at a "high rate of speed" while driving under the influence (allegedly), rolled over multiple times, and only suffered minor injuries.

As you can see:
  1. She rolled pretty far (note the cop cars and road in the first pic).
  2. The Ascent held together remarkably well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya! The massive moonroof (I love mine, btw) is laminated glass. Regardless, as long as people are strapped in, they aren't being ejected through it, and are pretty far away.

Next concern that usually comes up is how does a 4.5 foot long, nearly 4 foot wide moon roof affect vehicle integrity, especially in the event of rollover accidents. Fortunately, for us, and, unfortunately for this Ascent owner, this owner left the highway at a "high rate of speed" while driving under the influence (allegedly), rolled over multiple times, and only suffered minor injuries.

As you can see:
  1. She rolled pretty far (note the cop cars and road in the first pic).
  2. The Ascent held together remarkably well.
View attachment 511

View attachment 512

Thanks SO much for this information!!!! I really appreciate this!

·
Super Moderator
4,214 Posts
The pano roof is bundled with a bunch of things on the Limited as the Technology Package and it's pretty popular since it's about as close as you can get to a Touring without buying a Touring. It also appears to be the only way to get the 8 passenger Limited for 2020 orders. If you don't want the pano roof for the Limited, you're, um...limited...to the 7 passenger with "regular audio", etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The pano roof is bundled with a bunch of things on the Limited as the Technology Package and it's pretty popular since it's about as close as you can get to a Touring without buying a Touring. It also appears to be the only way to get the 8 passenger Limited for 2020 orders. If you don't want the pano roof for the Limited, you're, um...limited...to the 7 passenger with "regular audio", etc.
Not true. We have our order in for a 2020 Subaru Ascent Limited with 8 passenger bench and NO moonroof, navigation or extra audio, because we never use those features, but do definitely want a bench seat.

·
Super Moderator
4,214 Posts
JDV, I was going by the build/price on the Subaru site. Perhaps it's still messed up last night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts