Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So maybe I'm just missing something but I noticed today that if I'm sitting in the Ascent with it running and in Park I can't open the rear hatch from the button on the on the dash. It just beeps 3 times and nothing happens. As soon as I turn off the vehicle then it works. Is this as designed? There are lots of times when I pull up somewhere to pick up my wife and she has stuff she wants to put in the back so I'm hoping I'm just missing something here. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind. Answered my own question. If I'm trying to open it from inside (running or not) the doors have to be unlocked and it has to be in Park. Different than our last vehicle but I can live with that.

So maybe I'm just missing something but I noticed today that if I'm sitting in the Ascent with it running and in Park I can't open the rear hatch from the button on the on the dash. It just beeps 3 times and nothing happens. As soon as I turn off the vehicle then it works. Is this as designed? There are lots of times when I pull up somewhere to pick up my wife and she has stuff she wants to put in the back so I'm hoping I'm just missing something here. Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Also happened to me last night.
I think it should at least let you open manually with the key in your pocket. Weird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts