Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I am hoping some of you experts can help me out with this.

So i got this lease offer sheet from my dealer and I had a quick question:

So in the attachment the total price of car is 45,891.24 which includes tax, dmv fees, documentation fees... So I am assuming this number is all woven in to my monthly payments (the vehicle price already includes the destination fee of 975)

So my question is over on the right (please excuse my scribbling) under the monthly lease payment of $528 the total due at signing is $2,671.81 - what comprises this number? I know the first month payment of 528 is in there but what else? since taxes, dmv, destination and documentation fees are already in the price I want to know what makes up the rest of that 2671.81

sorry for the long winded post, I hope it makes sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I cannot comment on the $2,671.81 figure. Certainly Carl would know all about that. I do know Subaru is expecting a certain down payment for the lease on the Ascent. I will offer a few others comments on the lease deal you have on paper.

You did not mention what trim level this Ascent is. What is the MSRP of the Ascent? You should negotiate a lease deal just like you would a purchase. Try to get the best deal on the price of the vehicle before you run the lease numbers. Are you getting anything off of MSRP?

Next, do not put any additional money down on a lease (cap reduction) than is required by Subaru. In the event of the vehicle being "totalled" in an accident you would never get that additional money back. Stick with the lowest possible down payment even if it means higher monthly payments.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I cannot comment on the $2,671.81 figure. Certainly Carl would know all about that. I do know Subaru is expecting a certain down payment for the lease on the Ascent. I will offer a few others comments on the lease deal you have on paper.

You did not mention what trim level this Ascent is. What is the MSRP of the Ascent? You should negotiate a lease deal just like you would a purchase. Try to get the best deal on the price of the vehicle before you run the lease numbers. Are you getting anything off of MSRP?

Next, do not put any additional money down on a lease (cap reduction) than is required by Subaru. In the event of the vehicle being "totalled" in an accident you would never get that additional money back. Stick with the lowest possible down payment even if it means higher monthly payments.

Nothing is ever "required" on a subaru unless you have bad credit or negative equity.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This is a questions you need to ask your specific dealership. They should be able to itemize it for you. Chances are there is a little "fluff" profit for the dealership in there. Normally (in utah at least) your upfront lease costs include the first payment, acquisition fee from chase bank that ranges from $295 to $595 by state, title, licensing, dealer doc fee (or any additional fluff fee), any tax on the dealer fees, etc.

It seems like there is one other thing I'm forgetting...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sorry didnt think the trim was relevant just wanted to know what that up front cost added by the dealership entailed.. I got a Touring with no options or accessories added.

I agree with never putting any money down on a lease I don't plan on going for the options with cap reduction in them... But that first option includes the $2761 down before any cap reduction is added. I'm just a little perplexed on what that includes and thought maybe someone here knew the answer... I rather not make a trip to the dealership to ask but looks like I'll have to. Or I can just wait for the car to come in and then get that breakdown before I sign.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a questions you need to ask your specific dealership. They should be able to itemize it for you. Chances are there is a little "fluff" profit for the dealership in there. Normally (in utah at least) your upfront lease costs include the first payment, acquisition fee from chase bank that ranges from $295 to $595 by state, title, licensing, dealer doc fee (or any additional fluff fee), any tax on the dealer fees, etc.

It seems like there is one other thing I'm forgetting...
This is what I figured but then I noticed that those fees were included in the Total price of the vehicle. first months payment and bank fee does not add up to over $2K... My concern is that the dealership is adding some B.S. Fees in there to make extra money off me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That just helps them advertise a lower payment. You can do the exact same lease (rates, miles, length) and just get a higher payment. Generally every $1000 you put down will lower your payment by $30 per month.
But that's considered cap reduction right? customers are not obligated to put anything down if they don't want to. Like the dealer wouldn't bake in a cap reduction amount as part of the initial payment? My last lease it was clear what I was putting down basically it was first months payment, bank fees, and DMV fees that was it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is what I figured but then I noticed that those fees were included in the Total price of the vehicle. first months payment and bank fee does not add up to over $2K... My concern is that the dealership is adding some B.S. Fees in there to make extra money off me.
If you get a complete breakdown of those numbers please share. I’m planning on leasing too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.