Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local guy has a set of factory 18's for sale and I've been thinking about switching out the 20's on my Limited to open up some more tire choices. However, while reading some posts I've seen a couple mentioning a difference between the 18's that came on the Base vs Premium as far as load rating. Then I've seen some other posts where people talk about switching to the factory 18's with no mention of a difference between them. Just wondering if all factory 18's are created equal and if not how to tell the difference. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I can’t say for sure but if the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) listed on the door jamb is the same or close to your car, the it should be ok. To be sure you can always call the dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A local guy has a set of factory 18's for sale and I've been thinking about switching out the 20's on my Limited to open up some more tire choices. However, while reading some posts I've seen a couple mentioning a difference between the 18's that came on the Base vs Premium as far as load rating. Then I've seen some other posts where people talk about switching to the factory 18's with no mention of a difference between them. Just wondering if all factory 18's are created equal and if not how to tell the difference. Thanks in advance for any advice.
The wheels are different Base vs Premium.

Base is part nr 28111XC00A, described as Sparkle Silver.

Premium is part nr 28111XC01A, described as Sterling Gray Metal.

Just go to your Subaru dealer that has both a Base and Premium on the lot, and take a picture of the wheels, the difference is obvious.

I seem to recall that somewhere in the forum, Robert Mauro has posted the specific load ratings, which are different.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheels are different Base vs Premium.

Base is part nr 28111XC00A, described as Sparkle Silver.

Premium is part nr 28111XC01A, described as Sterling Gray Metal.

Just go to your Subaru dealer that has both a Base and Premium on the lot, and take a picture of the wheels, the difference is obvious.

I seem to recall that somewhere in the forum, Robert Mauro has posted the specific load ratings, which are different.

Hope this helps.
Exactly what I needed. Thanks so much for the reply and information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.