Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if when the Adaptive cruise/Assist Braking (during emergency) slow the car down do the brake lights illuminate? I am concerned that the driver behind me may not realize that I am slowing down and smash into the back of me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm wondering if when the Adaptive cruise/Assist Braking (during emergency) slow the car down do the brake lights illuminate? I am concerned that the driver behind me may not realize that I am slowing down and smash into the back of me.
Thanks.
Yes they do, the information display in the middle of the instrument panel with the back of the vehicle shown as a graphic will show the brake lights turn on as well. But anytime the brakes are applied from either you or the vehicle the brake lights turn on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks.

So if it is a minor slow down - like if you personally had just taken your foot off the gas but not used the brake - the ACC does the same. No brakes or brake lights. But if it is a definite slowing - as norway stated - the display indicates with red brake lights ON when either you or the ACC uses actual brakes.

·
Registered
764 Posts
So if it is a minor slow down - like if you personally had just taken your foot off the gas but not used the brake - the ACC does the same. No brakes or brake lights. But if it is a definite slowing - as norway stated - the display indicates with red brake lights ON when either you or the ACC uses actual brakes.
Yes, if car is slowing because of the brakes, the light will be on. If it is slowing because it is coasting then no brake light will be on. Its the exact same as if you were do it yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. I figured this was the case, just saw a post about multiple Ascent Rear-end accidents and this question came to mind. Guess all those owners had bad luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Also, when towing a trailer with electric brakes, if the trailer brake is manually activated, all the brake lights come on (verified at night on dark road)

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
Also, when towing a trailer with electric brakes, if the trailer brake is manually activated, all the brake lights come on (verified at night on dark road)
Correct. I use my brake controller on a regular basis to get tailgaters to back off. Without a trailer it just flashes your brake lights and doesn’t slow you down!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts