Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I currently have cloth in my 2020 Subaru Ascent Premium and we are thinking of upgrading to leather. I called my local dealership where we purchased the Ascent and was told that it would be over $4,000 to put leather in. I have done a little research online and it looks like Katzkin offers the same leather options that would currently match the inside of our Ascent for less than half the price. Has anyone used Katzkin before? How did it turn out? Reviews would be fantastic!

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Hello. I currently have cloth in my 2020 Subaru Ascent Premium and we are thinking of upgrading to leather. I called my local dealership where we purchased the Ascent and was told that it would be over $4,000 to put leather in. I have done a little research online and it looks like Katzkin offers the same leather options that would currently match the inside of our Ascent for less than half the price. Has anyone used Katzkin before? How did it turn out? Reviews would be fantastic!

THANK YOU!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Katzkin is a common provider of leather upgrades including to dealers..who in turn, mark it up. I've seen many positive posts over the years in vehicle forums about Katzkin. This has also been discussed previously here as Packout points out.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It has been reported that the OEM perforated portion of the seats are leather while the rest are vinyl-based material. If Katzkin uses entirely leather, then it's likely that it will out perform OEM seats in long term.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I put Katzkin in our 2013 Highlander a few years back. Overall I'm very happy with the product. The install could have been a tad better though. Couldn't argue with the $1300 price though. Others might have done a slightly better job, but were quoting twice the price.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend it. Lots of customization options. Make sure you get ahold of a sample book so you can make sure the colors you pick are right.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I know one person who did Katzkin in a forester years ago. You would have never known it was aftermarket.

I also have a friend who works at a Buick/GMC dealership who has shown me multiple Katzkin aftermarket seats ( Most were people who wanted ventilation whereas factory seats only came with heat), and they've all been fantastic. I considered a regal tour-x a few years ago, and after market was the only way to get vented seats, unfortunately. They actually had one with the aftermarket seats that a customer had requested and they were incredibly comfortable and looked factory. The only issue is where to stick the button for the ventilation control, it's usually in a place that sticks out a little bit. ....

That was a great car by the way, but I ended up not going that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts