Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a red premium with option 12 and remote start yesterday. I was surprised about two things. First, the dealer thinks I will get it in July since they have only preordered three. Second, both dealerships that I talked to said they had only been ordering optioned out limiteds and tourings so far. One dealer even told me that people ordering lower trim levels would be more likely to get their car sooner, because so few had been ordered.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congrats on the order!

I think due to the pricing where a fully loaded Ascent is less expensive than other models fully loaded might be one reason why a lot of orders are the higher trim levels. As far as getting your order sooner I think it might depend on color more than anything as I believe Carl said they try to do similar colors so they don't need to switch out the paint.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Congratulations, lots of pictures when you get it!

·
Registered
965 Posts
As far as getting your order sooner I think it might depend on color more than anything as I believe Carl said they try to do similar colors so they don't need to switch out the paint.
Keep in mind that if they run 125 white in a row, that's still only one shift worth of production. So they could run 250 white, then 250 black, then 250 red ... and that's only 3 days worth of cars once the line is running full speed.

They've been doing this for nearly 30 years - albeit, I think it wasn't until about '93 that the paint shop associate got the Presidential Vista Award for suggesting color grouping. What most salesmen are saying at dealerships is simply then just making stuff up because they really don't have a clue. If the OP's dealership has only ordered 3 from their July allocation so far, and they have cars left, then his car will show up in July. Color and trim are irrelevant. Whereas when my folks come in tomorrow morning to order an Ascent, there car won't get here until September because we're out of our July and August cars. It's just numbers, folks - nothing else.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Aren't the dealer demo cars and service cars, blah blah , a little over a weeks worth of production? So shouldn’t a actual customer car be produced soon? Will our Subaru insiders be able to tell us or do we need to wait for a forum member to give us the news?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Aren't the dealer demo cars and service cars, blah blah , a little over a weeks worth of production? So shouldn’t a actual customer car be produced soon? Will our Subaru insiders be able to tell us or do we need to wait for a forum member to give us the news?
I wish we had that info but we don't. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I get a VIN and a real ETA on my car, thats about all I can do though :(

·
Registered
357 Posts
congrats on the order, also kinda crazy that dealer has so few preorders when most we see are like Carl and out till September and October.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
congrats on the order, also kinda crazy that dealer has so few preorders when most we see are like Carl and out till September and October.

I live in a rural area in far southern Illinois (Chicago proper is almost an 8 hour drive), the local dealer is very small and Subaru doesn't have a huge market presence. I actually drove to a larger dealer in Evansville IN to test drive one because the local dealer didn't even know if they would get a demo before June. I think this is one of the reasons they hadn't presold many, there hadn't been one on the lot yet and only one salesperson had even seen one. They are supposed to be getting a demo unit this week I think so they should sell some more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts