Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turning on full auto for the HVAC is easy, just press the auto button. Disabling it on the other hand is confusing. Is there a correct process? This is what I have found so far:

1) Press auto button, this disables full auto and puts it in limited auto mode
2) Turn temp all the way down to "LO"
3) Disable recirculate (it turns on automatically when going to "LO"
4) Press the fan button to change the blower to the floor

At this point auto finally shuts off on the dash.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Or, I just hit Mode. It changes the aur direction so I do have to cycle through all the arrows to get back to where I want. Other way is to toggle A/C button. Either way, no need to dial temperature!
F.S.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pressing mode when in full auto mode or auto mode? When in auto mode it does nothing, auto stays on and the direction of the fan just changes. I want to say I tested this with full auto and it didnt change anything, but its been a couple days.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tested. With full auto on, if you press mode it goes to "auto" mode. From there, you have to turn down the temp to "LO", adjust the fan, and turn off the recirculate/AC (if on) to get "auto" to turn off. Pretty crazy!

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
After adjusting the fan speed and direction, is there even a need to turn off auto temperature control?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It still kicks on the AC and recirculate in partial auto depending on the temp you set.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OMG thank you! I've been trying to figure how to turn off auto for days!
I don't like it increasing the fan speed when I change the temperature.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just tested. With full auto on, if you press mode it goes to "auto" mode. From there, you have to turn down the temp to "LO", adjust the fan, and turn off the recirculate/AC (if on) to get "auto" to turn off. Pretty crazy!
I don't know why my car would be different than yours, but here's what I got.

If your goal is to go from Full Auto and get back to just Auto, hit Mode. That's it.

If your goal is to go from Full Auto and get back to nothing (no Auto, just a fan and temp), hit Mode, turn fan to lowest, unclick recirc, and unclick AC. (No need for mucking with the temp knob at all.)

F.S.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know why my car would be different than yours, but here's what I got.

If your goal is to go from Full Auto and get back to just Auto, hit Mode. That's it.

If your goal is to go from Full Auto and get back to nothing (no Auto, just a fan and temp), hit Mode, turn fan to lowest, unclick recirc, and unclick AC. (No need for mucking with the temp knob at all.)

F.S.
Tested this out and you are close. In my case the recirculation is not on, so your steps don't work. But, if I toggle it on then off the rest of your steps work. Turning down the temp is what forced on the recirculate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you please explain this in more details because I couldn't understand 😭

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure a better way to rephrase it. I listed each step out. The starting point is full auto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts