Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone surprised with number of problems with 2019 Ascent? Now the liftgate only goes up halfway Frustrating

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like you may have (inadvertently) set a memory height for the gate. That's a feature that lets you set a limit on how far it opens in case you want to open it in a place with limited height, like in a garage. See page 153 in the manual.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Anyone surprised with number of problems with 2019 Ascent? Now the liftgate only goes up halfway Frustrating
Here's a picture. If that memory buttom is depressed the hatch will open about a foot unless you program it for another height.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love that I can program the height that way it does not hit my garage door so that is not an issue it helps to read the manual.

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts
I love that I can program the height that way it does not hit my garage door so that is not an issue it helps to read the manual.
It definitely helps to read the manual, but, honestly, that particular section could use some work. And, people don't know when they accidentally pressed the button and changed the height. I hope to do a video one day for a lot of the more confusing features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts