Subaru Ascent Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called and spoke to the guys at primitive racing in regards to their skid plates. As another post has already compared the two between them and LP Aventure, this thread is merely to get a consensus on how many people would be interested on going in on a group buy if discounted. I have not spoke to primitive about a group buy but wanted to see if it drew any interest. I know I will be in for one regardless but if others want to join I would be willing to call them up and negotiate upon and for for other members in our forum. Respond to this thread if you would be in to purchase all three skid plates. As it stands now the total without any discounts is roughly 610 bucks total. Thanks. Hopefully we can gather enough people to save a couple of bucks, it never hurts to try.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'd be in for a group buy!
I am all for saving money, and I have yet to purchase my set. I you want to arrange it, go for it!
I'm all in for group buy!!!
That makes four of us so far. I was thinking of leaving this post up for a week and seeing how many more people we can gather, would this be fair? Give me some input on a date when we should place our order. Until then what I will do now is give primitive a call tomorrow since today is a holiday and let him know at the least we have 4 people thus far and see what he says. Hopefully we can save on something, but in essence if it DOES NOT work out at least we tried! Really liking this forum and all the help. Keep it up and let’s keep the respect for one another, Ive been on other forums where it’s more of a roasting session at times. *bump*

List:
Allthewonders
Scooby
Fourmobro
Gangsta

·
Registered
108 Posts
I called and spoke to the guys at primitive racing in regards to their skid plates. As another post has already compared the two between them and LP Aventure, this thread is merely to get a consensus on how many people would be interested on going in on a group buy if discounted. I have not spoke to primitive about a group buy but wanted to see if it drew any interest. I know I will be in for one regardless but if others want to join I would be willing to call them up and negotiate upon and for for other members in our forum. Respond to this thread if you would be in to purchase all three skid plates. As it stands now the total without any discounts is roughly 610 bucks total. Thanks. Hopefully we can gather enough people to save a couple of bucks, it never hurts to try.
I'M in-Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Six of us so far.
List: (update)
Allthewonders
Scooby
Fourmobro
Gangsta
Jmbgold
Roblesfam5

Update from Primitive. A group buy deal can and will be worked out per my phone call with primitive. Blake the man in charge of this won’t be able to get back to me until next week about how shipping and payment etc will be completed. Looks like he has a few shows to attend and represent. The actual pricing he will give won’t be determined until we get a final head count. Looks like I’ll leave this post up until Monday being that Blake won’t be able to get back to us anyways and also give more time for more possible buyers. Thanks in advance. bump

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump*. Use this skid plate as mere protection for everyday driving or off-road. Let’s get more people on this! People pay hundreds for paint protection all the time why not protect the turbo and drivetrain underneath as well. Much thanks to everyone here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump*. I will give primitive a call on Monday and see how the deal will be worked out. The weekend is here add your name to the list before we close this out. Also those already on the list please PM me your phone number and email so I can create a group chat whether email or text, with all the updated info as I get it. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update for everyone. I spoke to Blake at Primitive on Monday June 3rd. Before I begin if I PM’d a message to you asking for a contact via cell or email I no longer need it and also a fellow forum member made me aware that for security and safety reasons others including themselves may not give it, totally understandable. As it stands right now per Blake at Primitive racing, he will email me a promo code that he will email to me privately to post on the forum (still pending this said he would give this to me late Tuesday, which is today) but the code would not go live into the ordering system online to be redeemable until about Friday. He would issue the promo code to be used only 10 times. All payment and ordering would take place individually online just as if you were purchasing alone. The discount he could offer is 20% off of the purchase of 3 skidplates (front, middle, and rear). To find out your exact price with shipping (being that we live in all different locations) get that total and take 20% off. To be clear I believe he already offers 15% off the purchase of 3 skid plates, this discount would add an additional 5% and not be 15% then an additional 20%. At this point I am pending Blake’s email and once received I will post it. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just went to the website and it looks like we would roughly get the entire 3 piece set for 584 give or take plus shipping. Hope this helps. It’s better than nothing. Keep you in the know as I hear more.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.