Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There!

I just installed the triple armor package of skid plates from primitive racing on my new 2022 Limited Ascent.

One issue which concerned me is regarding the turbo cooling duct alignment. The instructions for mounting the front skid plate, in step 7, specifically instruct, "Pivot the front of the skidplate up to mate with the front bracket, make sure that the turbo duct doesn't get caught on anything and nestles up into the portion of the duct that feeds it"

It is clear from the instructions that there is supposed to be a cooling duct outlet of some sort. However, when I removed the splashgaurd I could see no such item which matched that description (please see image below). And when I installed the skid plate, after transferring the turbo cooling duct from the splashgaurd to the skid plate you can see from the side and top views and the pictures that I attached below that the turbo cooling duct doesn't line up with anything, nor can it nestle in anything... Does anyone know what this means? Has the 2022 model changed? Did they forget a part at the factory!?

It would be great to hear any words of advice!

Thanks! You guys are the best!

Joseph

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. In the pictures I posted and circled in orange you can see the turbo cooling duct which I transfered to the front skid plate, and it doesn't seem to align with anything in the engine.

I contacted primitive and they said they looked at the pictures they have and they don't think there is anything the cooling duct needs to line up with after all... So I am not sure now what to think... The way the turbo cooling duct is now, it doesn't seem to do anything...

Thanks,

Joseph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts