Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't drive the car much so just had my 6K service done at the dealership (purchased Ascent Touring in Dec 2018). Drove away and notice presets for XM are gone -- ? Then when pulling in garage noticed the beeps(forgot what this is called) to indicate approaching object no longer worked. What did the dealership do that turned these items off. I'm guessing they did something to the battery, and power to the electrical system was suspended for an amount of time that I now have to reset everything. Really annoying!!! Has anyone else experienced this??? I don't find the manual for the car very instructional -- they really need to have a non-technical person write the manual -- so it's going to be a pain for me to reset.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Please go into Settings->General->System Information and tell me your firmware version number. I can help you with that.

As for the safety systems, pre collision braking is the button between the map lights.

Adaptive Cruise and Lane Keep Assist are on
the steering wheel.

Lane Departure warning looks like this... It's next to your left map light.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
666 Posts
Hmmm....so the Touring has forward parking assistance?

Also, any details on battery disconnect and losing presets/settings will be good to know. Extremely tired of dealers disconnecting the battery.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Hmmm....so the Touring has forward parking assistance?
We have a forward facing 180-degree camera, similar to the rear camera. It is mounted underneath of the Subaru logo.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The presets are gone because of the far imperfect Hartman Kardon headunit; it’s not the dealer’s fault. It’s a problem occurred for couple of years now across several models.

Firmware update to the head unit maybe available but there’s no guaranteed that it will be fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts