Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thanks for all the valuable information in the forum. I had an idea what to ask for just because of the all the info here. so a Big Thanks!.

Finalized on - Premium + sports package Option 14. - White exterior with Ivory interior.

Initially I had an offer at 41K out the door then about 50 miles far found another dealer who could beat the price for 500 less however the car is only available for pick up next week. So made the deal at 37090 for MSRP of 41070 which includes 4260 ( pacakge).

Should I have negotiated more because of the delay.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Perhaps give the original dealer a chance to match the farther dealer's price?

...After re-reading, it looks like the deal is done. I don't personally think that the delay is worth any money. In a week none of this will matter. Just drive and be happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps give the original dealer a chance to match the farther dealer's price?

...After re-reading, it looks like the deal is done. I don't personally think that the delay is worth any money. In a week none of this will matter. Just drive and be happy.
Correct. Deal was done and I did text them but their GM did not want to reduce any further.

I am reading in the forum some folks are able to make deal at 14% off of MSRP.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Correct. Deal was done and I did text them but their GM did not want to reduce any further.

I am reading in the forum some folks are able to make deal at 14% off of MSRP.
Local/regional markets have their own price points, so that's a variable to consider. Further, some of the people who got better deals might have also gotten fleeced with their trade-in. Unless you're looking at the entire sturucture of the deal, which people tend not to share or tell the entire truth, then it's kind of a guessing game. You might have actually done better than the 14% off MSRP buyers out there, unless you didn't have a trade-in. Regardless, you got a fine deal - nothing to dwell over IMO. It's not a contest.

There was a post a while back where somebody bought "the cheapest Ascent in the Country". That made me chuckle. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts