Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are thinking of getting the Ascent Premium, BUT wanted leather seats instead of cloth. Is that a possibility? Has anyone done this?

The reason we are considering Premium with leather instead of going for the Limited which comes by default with leather seats, is that we are in love with the Java Brown leather seats (Touring option). So if we go for Limited, we do not get the option to do the Java Brown and will have to go with the default leather color. With Premium model, we thought we can opt for leather instead of cloth and get to chose our leather color. Any thoughts, info, pricing?

TIA.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I believe the Premium only comes with cloth seats as leather trimmed upholstery is not an optional add-on. You'd have to go with Limited to get the leather seats. Also, Java Brown is only for the touring model, if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Java brown will only be available in the touring.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’m assuming you’re talking about changing the seats aftermarket. It’s definitely an option. Katzkin.com has a little configuration thing on their website that will put you in touch with a shop and shows options for the seats.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I’m assuming you’re talking about changing the seats aftermarket. It’s definitely an option. Katzkin.com has a little configuration thing on their website that will put you in touch with a shop and shows options for the seats.

yea but then you have to way the cost effectiveness, is it worth it doubt it very seriously.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe the Premium only comes with cloth seats as leather trimmed upholstery is not an optional add-on. You'd have to go with Limited to get the leather seats. Also, Java Brown is only for the touring model, if I am not mistaken.
Java brown will only be available in the touring.
yea but then you have to way the cost effectiveness, is it worth it doubt it very seriously.

Thank you. I am aware of all the above mentioned points. When I was at the dealership yesterday, I was told they (the dealership) can do the leather seats on the premium. They showed me this big book of the leather patches and also showed me what another customer has done custom leather seats BUT on an Outback and that it was appx. $1200 for the Outback, so MAYBE for the Ascent it may be a little higher because it is 3 row seating.

I DO NOT think they meant after market with a 3rd party vendor. I think, they meant that they can order it that way from the factory. I was a bit skeptical, that is why came here to ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had talked to our Subaru salesman about this option - he indicated they would do the seats in leather for the premium for $1700. The Katzkin website also shows $1700-$2000 as their estimate on the Ascent depending upon which design is selected. Looks like there's some good flexibility on design and colors. We're considering it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thank you for confirming that it is an option. I also came across this thread where the OP mentioned that he HAS a Premium with leather seats: https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/123-accessories-add-ons/2411-sun-shade.html
I would check with the dealership to be on the safe side or check with the OP who has the Premium with leather. I could be wrong but I think the work is done locally by your dealership, rather than coming directly from the factory. Dealerships tend to offer you whatever you want to make a sale.

When I was buying my Ascent, I checked out the touring model. I told my salesman that I didn't like the ivory accent trim and like you, I was given a large book of swatches of different leather/color to choose from and the dealership said they can change it. But they told me that the work at the dealership once the car is delivered and doesn't come from the factory customizable. So you can pretty much Customize whatever you want if you're willing to pay for it and be OK that the work may just be done locally at your dealership, rather than come as is from the factory.

Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I would check with the dealership to be on the safe side or check with the OP who has the Premium with leather. I could be wrong but I think the work is done locally by your dealership, rather than coming directly from the factory. Dealerships tend to offer you whatever you want to make a sale.

When I was buying my Ascent, I checked out the touring model. I told my salesman that I didn't like the ivory accent trim and like you, I was given a large book of swatches of different leather/color to choose from and the dealership said they can change it. But they told me that the work at the dealership once the car is delivered and doesn't come from the factory customizable. So you can pretty much Customize whatever you want if you're willing to pay for it and be OK that the work may just be done locally at your dealership, rather than come as is from the factory.

Thank you. I will keep you posted.

We are deciding between Premium 8 Pass vs Limited. For appx. $4500 - $5000 diff between the 2, following are the only features that I cannot add on the Premium vs the Limited. The other features like Auto Dimming Rear View Mirrors, Keyless Access, Power Rear Gate & Reverse Auto Brake can be added to Premium as Opt# 12 for $1460 MSRP.

These are the features that I cannot add on Premium BUT they are on Limited:
1. Body color side mirrors WITH INTEGRATED TURN SIGNALS.
2. 10-way power adj. drivers seat & 4 way power adj. front pass seat etc etc etc
3. Second row retractable sunshades
4. USB port on 3rd row
5. High Beam Assist

These above 5 features are not worth the diif in price (appx $1500 to $1700) between the 2 trims. Instead we are thinking of going with Premium and adding Opt# 12 ($1460) + Leather seats upgrade ($1200 - $1700)

Thought? Any pros and cons that we are not seeing?

·
Registered
313 Posts
3. Second row retractable sunshades
4. USB port on 3rd row
Both can be added to a Premium, I almost added them when I ordered (had a quote from a dealer) but decided against it and removed those, kept other add-ons though. 2nd row sun shades can be added by the dealer (or yourself if you are adventurous and get spare Christmas tree clips or are really careful).

·
Registered
965 Posts
I DO NOT think they meant after market with a 3rd party vendor. I think, they meant that they can order it that way from the factory. I was a bit skeptical, that is why came here to ask.
No, they seriously meant having it done by a 3rd party vendor. We do it all the time.

It's probably Katzkin, that's what we use. The only thing that would be different is that the Ivory trim piece would still be plastic instead of leather covered.

·
Registered
764 Posts

You CANNOT factory order a premium with leather seats. He is 100% talking about adding aftermarket leather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.