Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has collision detection. I'm used to my Dad's Forester. It beeps when you're close to an object. So did the Outback I rented for a week. Does the Ascent not? I'm waiting on a dealer call back.

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
I know it has collision detection. I'm used to my Dad's Forester. It beeps when you're close to an object. So did the Outback I rented for a week. Does the Ascent not? I'm waiting on a dealer call back.
It beeps and shows "Obstacle Detected" on the center screen in the driver's instrument cluster. You can refer to page 35 of the Subaru Ascent Eyesight Owner's Manual to see the image, and learn about the warning beeps.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It beeps and shows "Obstacle Detected" on the center screen in the driver's instrument cluster. You can refer to page 35 of the Subaru Ascent Eyesight Owner's Manual to see the image, and learn about the warning beeps.
Does it have any sensors (front and back) or is Eyesight doing the job and detects the obstacle and beeps?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No sensors. That's where I was confused. The Subarus I've driven both had sensors installed. My Premium doesn't. I called the dealer a few days ago, and had me check my Dad's Forester.

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Does it have any sensors (front and back) or is Eyesight doing the job and detects the obstacle and beeps?
The cameras and the radar are used to detect objects.

From @Carl Abrams
Radar is used for Blind Spot / Reverse Cross Traffic Alert / Lane Change Assist

Sonar is used for Reverse Automatic Braking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts