Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding taking the car through an automatic car wash - the Owner's manual indicates to 1) tape the rear wiper to the glass beforehand and 2) "Do not use a washing brush directly on the camera lens. The image quality of the rear view camera may deteriorate."

Thus,

1. Need I tape the rear wiper to the glass before going through an automatic car wash?

2. Likewise, do I need to cover the rear camera lens before washing the car, and if so, is there a recommendation for so doing?

BTW, the 10,000 pages of manuals (perhaps a slight exaggeration) has nearly taken me to the mat! That said, I have discovered a whole host of operational features of which I would have been otherwise ignorant.

·
Administrator
12,440 Posts
Regarding taking the car through an automatic car wash - the Owner's manual indicates to 1) tape the rear wiper to the glass beforehand and 2) "Do not use a washing brush directly on the camera lens. The image quality of the rear view camera may deteriorate."

1. Need I tape the rear wiper to the glass before going through an automatic car wash?
You should, but I never have. Personally, with the Ascent, I only go to brushless car washes (water only, or human hand wash).

2. Likewise, do I need to cover the rear camera lens before washing the car, and if so, is there a recommendation for so doing?
A piece of painter's tape or electrical tape wouldn't be a bad idea. If the lens gets scratched (as it will over time), the view becomes quite crappy. Happened to my old camera lens, but that was a really cheap aftermarket rearview camera.

BTW, the 10,000 pages of manuals (perhaps a slight exaggeration) has nearly taken me to the mat! That said, I have discovered a whole host of operational features of which I would have been otherwise ignorant.

LOL, it is a lot. It's a thousand pages. It's a good idea to log into MySubaru and grab the digital versions. Much easier to work with. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
BTW, the 10,000 pages of manuals (perhaps a slight exaggeration) has nearly taken me to the mat! That said, I have discovered a whole host of operational features of which I would have been otherwise ignorant.[/QUOTE]

I see why they put in these books blank pages. Too jot down key points read.?. I plan on reading mine again and doing this..

·
Registered
619 Posts
I see why they put in these books blank pages. Too jot down key points read.?. I plan on reading mine again and doing this..[/QUOTE]

I agree. I got thru all of them except the main one (400+ pages). I did that to come up with questions for my 2 week Encore appointment/visit. Haven't picked it up since to finish. Really need to do it. SO much good info/new features to discover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.