Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious....Does anyone on this Forum know where these pre production models currently hitting dealers for demo were produced...Indiana or Japan?...Were the auto show cars produced in Japan?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I saw one on Thursday I have a pic but can't seem to add it. Door plate says 4/18 Assembled by SIA Inc. Made in the USA

·
Administrator
7,831 Posts
Just curious....Does anyone on this Forum know where these pre production models currently hitting dealers for demo were produced...Indiana or Japan?...Were the auto show cars produced in Japan?
Every door plate I've checked so far says Indiana.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The Ascent is only for the US Market and all assembly is done in Indiana. The VIZIV model that the Ascent is based upon was made in Japan, but that's it.

Note that doesn't mean the stamping dies weren't made over there and then shipped here, that's typically how it's done. And, of course, the engine final assembly is done here, but the actual engine casting was done over there because that's where our engine casting plant is.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The Ascent is only for the US Market and all assembly is done in Indiana. The VIZIV model that the Ascent is based upon was made in Japan, but that's it.

Note that doesn't mean the stamping dies weren't made over there and then shipped here, that's typically how it's done. And, of course, the engine final assembly is done here, but the actual engine casting was done over there because that's where our engine casting plant is.
I thought it was going to be sold in Canada as well?

·
Administrator
7,831 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts