Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this was posted on here somewhere else but is there a way to...

1. track the location of the car?

2. Determine what the status of each item means? (i.e. rail ship date, release date, etc.)

3. Determine what current location "200020" is??

Thank you guys and sorry for the repeat post if any....just overly anxious for the arrival of our car!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ll take a crack at answering and see if I can put the hours and hours of studying I have done here to good use. Full disclaimer- not even close to an expert, I just try to listen real good to them there folks that know more than I on here. ;D

1. Tracking location of the car can really only be seen/done by Subaru sales managers, SOA employees and some sales people depending where you are located. And if you are in the SDC/SNE territory then none of this applies at all and anything could happen at any time. If you are in the Midwest you might skip the rail transport altogether and jump directly to truck. Your best bet seems to be to stay in close contact with your salesperson and hope they can see and will tell you what they can see.
2. VIN, scheduled and ETA are all issued at the same time- first real statuses after VON which was just an order number and didn’t correlate to anything concrete in the world yet.
3. VIN issued means you’re getting closer, scheduled date means the date your car will go into production and roll onto the assembly line. ETA is a very rough estimate of when your vehicle might arrive at your dealership. Often gets revised.
4. Completed means it is done & waiting to be picked up at SOA.
5. Shipped rail means it has gotten on a train to slowly steam in the general direction of your dealership. At rail head means it has been unloaded off of a train and is waiting at a port for a truck to pick it up.
6. Shipped truck means it’s ON a slow moving truck meandering toward your dealership and delivered means it’s supposedly, potentially, allegedly on your dealership’s lot somewhere- maybe still on the truck, but it is supposedly there.
I think.
LOL
Happy stalking! We’re all chewing our fingernails off together except for the lucky 7 or 15 who have already gotten theirs!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! Just tried to reach out again. Seems that it's still in the same "ship rail" status as it was for the week. Come on west coast!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks for the info! Just tried to reach out again. Seems that it's still in the same "ship rail" status as it was for the week. Come on west coast!
If it helps at all, here in Salt Lake City we just had our first Ascents arrive at the rail head. You are probably a couple days away from getting them on the West Coast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it helps at all, here in Salt Lake City we just had our first Ascents arrive at the rail head. You are probably a couple days away from getting them on the West Coast.
Hope you’re right. Livermore Subaru said my Touring will be here June 28th.

·
Registered
965 Posts
3. Determine what current location "200020" is??
Means that the vehicle is currently under the control / responsibility of Subaru of Indiana Automotive, regardless of the actual physical location of the vehicle.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Three delivered, two sitting here with one to go out Monday, the other on Wednesday, and a third whenever he wants to do paperwork - it's being purchased by one of our employees.

Second round will be here week of July 4th, with the rest of the 23 pre-sold for July showing up over the rest of the month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts