Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My state doesn't use front license plates, but my Ascent came with two holes already drilled in the front bumper.
What to do with them?

I debadged the rear over the weekend. It's a nice clean look. There was a lot of sticky foam tape to remove, but Goof Off and taking my time got it done in about an hour.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
My state doesn't use front license plates, but my Ascent came with two holes already drilled in the front bumper.
What to do with them?

I debadged the rear over the weekend. It's a nice clean look. There was a lot of sticky foam tape to remove, but Goof Off and taking my time got it done in about an hour.
I'll give you $5 for both of them...the holes that is...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,886 Posts
Paintable plugs are about the only "fix-fix" once the holes are drilled. My dealer already has instructions in writing that if they put holes in the bumper when it arrives from the factory, I'll not take delivery of the vehicle unless they replace the bumper cover. My last one was unfortunately a dealer trade from a NY dealer and I was stuck with the unsightly holes/fixes for 7 years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What to do with them?

Go to Lowe’s and grab some Hillman brand plugs and use touch up paint to paint them. Viola. Used it for my STI and it has worked wonders. They come in 5/16 and 3/8

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts