Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Limited with the power rear gate. When opening the gate, the electronic latch releases and the motorized strut begins to lift the gate as designed, but there is a quick wobble of the gate that lasts for about two seconds as the gate opens. It’s almost like the electronic latch and the motorized strut are slightly out of sync. I’m just curious if anyone else sees this with their rear gate. I had a 2017 Outback Limited before this which had a slower power rear gate (different lift system design) and I don’t recall it having this quick wobble issue. The Ascent’s rear gate definitely has a faster operation. I’d appreciate any input on this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a Limited with the power rear gate. When opening the gate, the electronic latch releases and the motorized strut begins to lift the gate as designed, but there is a quick wobble of the gate that lasts for about two seconds as the gate opens. It’s almost like the electronic latch and the motorized strut are slightly out of sync. I’m just curious if anyone else sees this with their rear gate. I had a 2017 Outback Limited before this which had a slower power rear gate (different lift system design) and I don’t recall it having this quick wobble issue. The Ascent’s rear gate definitely has a faster operation. I’d appreciate any input on this.
Bring it in for the dealer to take a look at. The last thing you’d want is for the mechanism to fail while someone is getting groceries out of the back. Let us know what they find.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess back to the dealer I go. When I took delivery 3 weeks ago, the gapping around the rear gate was off so the vehicle was sent to the dealer's contracted body shop for an adjustment. They did a nice job of correcting that issue, but I'm thinking maybe the latch mechanism is now needing a small adjustment. I can't remember if the slight, quick wobble was there before the body shop visit. It's nothing drastic, just not a smooth release from the latch. Think I'll wait a while and see if I notice anything else needing attention before taking it in. Thanks for your replies. I'll post again after the dealer visit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.