Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

On my Ascent front and rear power outlet stopped working. Any suggestions or advice really appreciate.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Hello Everyone,

On my Ascent front and rear power outlet stopped working. Any suggestions or advice really appreciate.
Try checking fuse #2 in the fuse panel left of the steering wheel, that one is labeled Cigar on page 492 of the owners manual so I'm guessing it's for the 12 volt outlet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes fuse was blown, the culprit was phone charge. The charger that I have works in all car, but not in Ascent. I tested GPS also car vacuum all works fine so far. Hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im also having this problem. i just came back from dealer for oil change and reported the fuse blown and when i return home and tryout the charge my fuse blown again. anybody.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
im also having this problem. i just came back from dealer for oil change and reported the fuse blown and when i return home and tryout the charge my fuse blown again. anybody.
What are you plugging in? It's only 100W.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think you mean the 12VDC power and not the 120VAC that is on some models, right?

I've had certain 12V plugs blow my car fuse (other cars in the past) if they have a fat or slightly wrapping positive terminal and can short out +/- when I plug them in. I've either tossed them, or inserted them carefully and just left them in there.

That cigarette lighter design isn't mankind's best engineering for power delivery.

F.S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts