Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to check out the Denver Auto Show this weekend. Not sure how thoroughly I'll be able to evaluate (depends on time, kids' patience, etc.), but let me know if you want me to check out something specific on the Ascent show model and I'll see what I can do!

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am hoping to check out the Denver Auto Show this weekend. Not sure how thoroughly I'll be able to evaluate (depends on time, kids' patience, etc.), but let me know if you want me to check out something specific on the Ascent show model and I'll see what I can do!
I am actually going tomorrow (Thursday) while the kids are at school to avoid distractions, and hopefully avoid a crowd. I will likely be taking pics to share with the wife (who refused to go 'this is your car, not mine...get what you want' she tells me). I hope to check out some of the competition as well. Ill let you know how it goes, I'm hoping they have more then one Ascent, but I know its a long shot. I'm super stoked! Been waiting a loooong time to sit in this baby.

CJ

Happy Ascenting!

Reactions: R P and zegilbert

·
Registered
583 Posts
Pictures

How about some pictures of the interior...The dash, overhead , the console etc..Perhaps closeups & from angles not in the brochures .....
Rear bumper area, hitch if it has one...

·
Read Only
21 Posts
Can you check LATCH in the 3rd row? I am hoping to get to the Denver auto show but don't know if it will be possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
If anyone there to answer questions, it would be great to ask what exactly is needed (if anything) to be added to the Touring model to remote start using fob which comes with the car (not iOS app using Starlink)

·
Registered
149 Posts
If anyone there to answer questions, it would be great to ask what exactly is needed (if anything) to be added to the Touring model to remote start using fob which comes with the car (not iOS app using Starlink)
YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!! I love remote start from a fob and if I need to add something would love to know now!
And how comfy those seats really feel to sit in as stated above as well!
So jealous! ENJOY

·
Registered
253 Posts
zegilbert, I had no intentions of piggy-backing your post. I have taken note of the questions people have, but I will wait until you post your feedback before I post mine. In reality, I just wanted to share that I'm going to the show 'cause I'm super excited!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I was at the Denver Auto Show tonight and got a few pictures. The Ascent here in Denver was the Blue Limited with beige interior. I did not take many pictures because the car was literally swarming with kids and adults. It looked really nice in person. I was impressed.

Here are a few of my thoughts. The seats were comfortable in the front and the car seemed pretty spacious. The second row was typical for an SUV. The third row was still a little cramped for adults as you can see from one of the pictures. There is a nice shelf on the passenger side in the front dash, similar to the Highlander. I included a picture of the beige seats on the first day of this Auto Show. The drivers' side beige leather looks pretty worn already - one reason I try to stick with black interior.

I'll let others offer their perspective on the vehicle and many more pictures of what they want to see. There was not a hitch on this model, just a large square plastic area (8" x 8") that hides where the hitch would be. One disappointment I had was the lack of hood struts to hold up the hood. There is just a prop rod. The WRX and the Forester both had the struts in the engine area. Not sure why they would not be on the Ascent.

People were constantly messing around with the second row seats trying to see how they folded up and if there was enough room to have a car seat and push the seat forward enough to get into the third row - the consensus seemed to be that there is not.

Overall it looks real nice exterior and interior wise. I am sure Subaru owners will be happy with the upgrade. Sorry about the orientation of the photos - every time I think I have it figured out, I don't.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zegilbert, I had no intentions of piggy-backing your post. I have taken note of the questions people have, but I will wait until you post your feedback before I post mine. In reality, I just wanted to share that I'm going to the show 'cause I'm super excited!
Hey CJ - the more eyes on these things the better! I am all for seeing your feedback / observations as soon as you have them - no problem at all! I can always try to fill in any gaps or add a different perspective after the fact. Consider yourself 50% o/p ;-)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll let others offer their perspective on the vehicle and many more pictures of what they want to see. There was not a hitch on this model, just a large square plastic area (8" x 8") that hides where the hitch would be. One disappointment I had was the lack of hood struts to hold up the hood. There is just a prop rod. The WRX and the Forester both had the struts in the engine area. Not sure why they would not be on the Ascent.

I understand your point on the struts especially on something new and at the top of the tier for Subaru, but honestly how often do you open the hood on the car? I have seen those struts go bad after some years and the hood will not remain open requiring you to replace the struts.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I asked this originally and we have decided to brave the auto show with our kids on Saturday. I will check then in case nobody else gets to it!
There was a family looking at the Ascent and they were from Colorado Springs. They were going to put a deposit down on the vehicle today at the dealership in Colorado Springs. It was so funny - the kids were in the front seats driving, while the mom and dad were in the second/third row checking everything out. I don't think they ever left the Ascent in the two hours we were touring the show. The excitement is at a fever pitch for this car, at least among Subaru owners.

You won't be disappointed you took the time to check out the Ascent in person. It has similar exterior dimensions as the Pilot and Highlander. Have fun and don't worry about your kids. I will say the Subaru reps at the show were the nicest ones we encountered. Very friendly. Other manufacturers did not give us the time of day, since my son and I did not dress to the nines. Please share what you liked about the car and that LATCH in the third row. Honestly, I do not even know what you are talking about unless it has something to do with car seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One more thing I just thought of: if there is an 8 passenger there (not sure about this, as it seems all photos I’ve seen from the auto shows are of the captains chairs), can you let me know if the center seat has a portion in the second and/or third row that is able to fold down into an arm rest? I’m not sure if I am explaining this well...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
One more thing I just thought of: if there is an 8 passenger there (not sure about this, as it seems all photos I’ve seen from the auto shows are of the captains chairs), can you let me know if the center seat has a portion in the second and/or third row that is able to fold down into an arm rest? I’m not sure if I am explaining this well...
The vehicle at this Auto Show had the bench seat in the second row with the area for the fold down cup holders in the middle. The middle section is barely visible in the picture I included with the man in the third row. His left leg is resting against the center portion of the second row bench seat.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, I understand what you are asking. I have added it to my list of things to check. Answers in a few hours. But I can tell you from other photos and vids I've seen, the answer is YES. Arm rest, with two cup holders in the bench. Pretty confident there is NOT one in the third row...but I will confirm.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yes, I understand what you are asking. I have added it to my list of things to check. Answers in a few hours. But I can tell you from other photos and vids I've seen, the answer is YES. Arm rest, with two cup holders in the bench. Pretty confident there is NOT one in the third row...but I will confirm.
None in the third row, as there is barely enough room for two adults, let alone a cup holder in the middle. As far as headroom, a lady sitting in the rear seat had about 2 inches of headroom, but she was around 5'6" in height. A 6' man would have to tip his head to one side or the other.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts