Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Post your new rims/wheels that work for the Ascent

374K views 640 replies 194 participants last post by  RobotRyan 
#1 Β· (Edited)
A number of us have had no success in getting a second set of wheels due to clearance of the caliper (for the most part). Please post the make and model (skus would be great) of the wheels you have purchased, installed and are driving on so we can have one spot to check, along with a URL to the specific rims you have.

Specs we are told are:

Size 18 X 7.5
Diameter 18
Bolt Pattern (mm) 5-114.3
Offset (mm) 55 (Subaru OEM)
Load index

At this point, I just rotated the rubber on the existing OEM rims and working on returning my aftermarket rims from Envy - https://westerncanada.envywheels.com/wheel-specification?productId=nx42855

#568 Β· (Edited)
@bdjfywi4$ certainly understand the pause given the price of tires and wheels these days. For us, we pride ourselves on offering low prices with more choices everyday. We also run specials regularly to help maximize savings. When you're in the market, we would love love the opportunity to help get you taken care of. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to shoot us a DM (link in signature).

#578 Β·
Been wanting to upgrade my wheels and tires for a while now. This thread has been a great source. Tried to pm discount tires, but have not met the minimum requirements since I just joined.

Owner of 2019 limited. Got this since mid 2018.
No worries. I can help with that. @Discount Tire please see above. If you all need my help coordinating off forum communication, let me know.

#584 Β·
@Discount Tire

Thanks for the help. Wheels finally came in.
Looks great....I'm starting to look at the Method 502. Was a little disappointed to find out the gold or bronze option is not available. Confirmed with Method, they are not being manufactured.

When I was looking a year or so ago, I thought they were.....maybe I was mistaken? Still, black looks very sharp. I'm torn.

#589 Β·
@Discount Tire I'd love to get some stunning wheels but it seems like some smart IT guy is in charge of your business.
"The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. " and no, I'm not firing up a VPN to get around this, I'd rather buy elsewhere.
Websites often and normally check for visitor location because it affects shipping. They sometime folks coming from countries they do not ship to to avoid all kinds of customer service issues. DT is no different than many companies in this respect. I could be mistaken, but I think you self-import from the US based on previous posts if I was understanding them. So if you ship to a US address normally and then take care of transporting things to your country, you'd need to do that here.

#595 Β· (Edited)
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Brand: Pinnacle
Model: Supreme
Part Number: P20220855545-35RML
Color: Gloss Black with Red Milled Spoke Edges
Backspacing: 6.13 in
Offset: +35 mm
Wheel Diameter: 20 in
Wheel Width: 8.5 in
Hub Bore: 73.10 mm
Wheel Exposed Lugs: Yes
Wheel Material: Alloy
Weight: 37.00 lbs
Load Rating: 1800.00 lbs
Wheel Structure: One Piece
Bolt Patterns: 5x114.3 (114.3 mm)

Michelin 245/50R20 Cross Climate 2
Load Index: 102 (1,874 lbs.)
Warranty: 60,000 Miles
Speed Rating: V (149 mph)

Mounted with hub-centric rings for the 56.1 to 73.1 difference...

#598 Β· (Edited)
Finally downsized from 20” to 18” on our 2020 Touring. Wanted as close to offset and width to OEM as I could get. Ended up with the Enkei Performance YX-5 in Gunmetal. 18x8 with 45 offset with 245 /60 R18 CC2 tires. Load capacity 1850. Used Discount Tires Direct. They look better in the sun but still OK for me. I would have gone with lighter grayish if they had it but I do like that the spokes on these aren’t as on the edge as most spoked wheels are. Many more choices in 40 or less offset. Feels really good on the rougher messed up roads around here in Mass. Haven’t done highway yet but the handling still feels nimble with the little driving done so far.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

#604 Β·
Hello, We put 18 inch Subaru Ascent wheels on replacing the 20 inchers and 265/60/18 scorpions A3 on 2022 Ascent. Are millage going up 3 to 5 miles per gallon. Crazy. old millage was 18. no lift, only tires lifted car 1/2 inch to 5/8 inch loaded for traveling.

#612 Β·
For 17" there's a thread.

For 18" as long as it's not a steelie, almost anything sufficiently load rated with a proper offset and bolt pattern will probably work. I use a minimum of 1,800 pounds load rating to have a safety factor close to the tire's FoS. But, the law allows for 1,684 pounds as the absolute minimum.