Subaru Ascent Forum banner
401 - 420 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring
3 Posts
You should check if your wheels require 60 degree angle nuts, which are different than your factory lug nuts. Using wrong nuts will not secure the wheels properly and they may eventually come loose. Double check them!

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Finally made the leap after 44,400 mi on the OE tires. I went with the 18" Enkei Hornets paired with the Falken Wildpeaks. Very little road noise difference than the factory set. So far we've noticed a slight loss in MPGs and off by +1 MPH on the vehicle vs GPS speed. Overall we're really pleased with them.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
255 Posts
We’re they racing slicks by the time you took the OEMs off? World record for miles on that tire?

Agree that the Wildpeaks are still pretty quiet and no real difference in MPG compared to OEM.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
We’re they racing slicks by the time you took the OEMs off? World record for miles on that tire?

Agree that the Wildpeaks are still pretty quiet and no real difference in MPG compared to OEM.
Pretty darn close. The inside treads were gone. I don't know what to say, I'm the main driver and I have a 2019 Cherokee for my work vehicle with Destination LE2s and they didn't last past 35k. At 35k the Subie dealership was recommending replacing. We made it through the winter and kind of limped them as far as they'd go. A nail in the passenger front forced my delayed hand. :sneaky:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ultra Motorsports model 219, "Nemesis CUV" - ULTRA MOTORSPORTS 219 Nemesis CUV - Ultra Wheel

I chose the Dark Satin Bronze w/Satin Black lip.

Cast Aluminum, made-in-China. In 18x8 +35, it is spec'ed at 30 lbs. (TireRack had this listed at 27.5 lbs, but the manufacturer lists the 18-inchers at 30, with the 17s at the lower weight), 1800 lb. load rating.

Paired with the seemingly ubiquitous Falken WildPeak A/T Trail SL. Went with the easy 245/60R18 sizing. I'm at stock height and won't ask of it more than some soft-roading at the shooting ranges I frequent, so I don't need anything all that serious.

Some really bad pix - the car's dirty, and it's just in my back yard, so please excuse the trash-cans lined up against the back of my house and the reflection of my fat body in the door. 😅 :p
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

The 15-year-old on the passenger side just finished helping me swap over the set (the only thing she couldn't do was hang the new rims: she should get there next year once they start lifting - she rows competitively), and we'd just come back from our run to trigger the TPMS. This was actually my first set of aftermarkets where I purchased TMPS, and the Autel TS508 really made things easy - I let her do this, too. I didn't get clonable sensors mainly because it wasn't worth it for me: we're a leasing family (for the ease of it - I used to work on my own daily-driver as well as had a "fun car" garaged to the side, but I currently just don't have the time; all I do for myself are fluids and tires), and the TS508 makes for short work, registering each set anew with the ECU via the included OBD cable.

Speaking of leasing, this '19 Touring is coming to the end of its term in November. I usually swap over to the OE All-Seasons during the warmer months and run winters once frozen precipitation is in the forecast. With 26K on the OEs, they're now down to about 5- to 6/32". I didn't want to kill them before the lease ended, and as I am positive that I will re-up with another Ascent, I thought I might as well just pick up a new set, now.

Initial impressions are that it rides (37 PSI cold fill) more comparably to the OE 20" setup versus my winters (Blizzak DM-V2, 235/65R18 on Sport Edition A8-2 Gloss Black, 18x8 +45). There's slight howling as the speedo crests the 40 MPH mark, but we'll see what happens when the mold release gets scrubbed off over the next few miles.

My local speed limits are low (most are 25 to 35 caps, with just one stretch that has a PSL of 40 MPH), but I should get some highway miles by this time next week, and will check back, then.

---

ETA:

I don't have any really good pictures of my winter setup, which I've actually had since the car was new, back in November of 2018. The following is really all I have, and it was taken by my buddy while we were at the private range I belong to: it's off a 12' shooting tower.

And before you ask.... Yes, my car's dirty much more often than it is clean. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The MR501 18-inch (color of your choice) are sharp, a great fit, and meet the weight requirements, but it looks like Method (recently?) stopped producing them in that size (and unfortunately, as noted by Robert.Mauro, at 17-inch they do not clear the Ascent's calipers.) 😢 At least they are not showing them on their site anymore and some sites are showing them as OOS. There does appear to be some NOS floating around at a few resellers, though...

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
The MR501 18-inch (color of your choice) are sharp, a great fit, and meet the weight requirements, but it looks like Method (recently?) stopped producing them in that size (and unfortunately, as noted by Robert.Mauro, at 17-inch they do not clear the Ascent's calipers.) 😢 At least they are not showing them on their site anymore and some sites are showing them as OOS. There does appear to be some NOS floating around at a few resellers, though...
The near identical MR502's do clear though. Barely. The shape of the wheel barrel is just slightly enough different to give it a little more space for the calipers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
nice! I’m looking to do the same rims on an LP lift. What are your tire specs, any rub? I’m deciding between 265/60r18 or 265/65r18. Not sure if there’s enough room for 65
265/65r18 will 100% not fit. It's 31.5" overall diameter with some of them with deeper treat even taller. I'd look at one of the 17" wheels and go with the 265/65r17 LT Geolanders 30.7".

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent
8 Posts
Love all the people who posted their wheels with details. Make things alot easier for me.
As promised. Here it is!

Wheels: Black Rhino Arches 18x8 +30 Brushed Matte Gunmetal (Load Rating: 2000lb Weight: 29lb)
Tires: Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60/18 (Load Rating: 2601lb Weight 41lb)
Lug: Volk Rays Duranuts 12x1.25 black
Hubring 56.1-76.1

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I understand this correctly. The Ascents 18" wheel offset is 55mm stock, so if I were to purchase wheels like the Black Rhino Warlords that are 35mm... the Black Rhinos will stick out just a little further. The closer the offset "mm" gets to 0, the more they stick out?

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
If I understand this correctly. The Ascents 18" wheel offset is 55mm stock, so if I were to purchase wheels like the Black Rhino Warlords that are 35mm... the Black Rhinos will stick out just a little further. The closer the offset "mm" gets to 0, the more they stick out?
Correct! :) A little over 3/4 of an inch more.

401 - 420 of 426 Posts