Subaru Ascent Forum banner

321 - 340 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered 18" Black Rhino Arches Bronze with Conti Terrain Contacts OEM size for my Tungsten Metallic 2019 Ascent. Can't wait and will post pics and links! Friendly and helpful local Discount Tire rep helped me. Still working on the cover story for my wife.... (I was going to go with the Sandstorm's but they were out of stock in the US until late Feb/March and I have a slow leak in an existing plug so need to replace the tires very soon.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed a set of Fast Wheels Switch in Titanium (Model: F212-1880-65TN+40C561) for my 245/60R18 Blizzak DM-V2 tires. No rubbing issues and have a load rating of 1797 lbs. For those in Canada, I ordered from PartsEngine.ca and they have a 5% discount promo right now (not a lot but better than nothing).

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
Nice wheels!!! Kinda retro, and reminds me of something I'd have gotten for one of my muscle cars, waaaay back in the day!

For those wondering, they are Load index: 1797 pounds, which would work for me. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
No offense to anyone but showing my age I guess. Back in the 60’s when we bought our muscle cars most of them came with “dog bowl” hubcaps. We removed them and painted the rims black until we could afford custom wheels. Every time I see black wheels I remember “dog bowl” and a can of black spray paint.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice wheels!!! Kinda retro, and reminds me of something I'd have gotten for one of my muscle cars, waaaay back in the day!

For those wondering, they are Load index: 1797 pounds, which would work for me. :)
Thanks Robert - yeah the design is certainly a unique style ;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Confirmed fitment for the 17”x8”+38 fifteen52 Traverse MX. Tires are 245/65r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Load rating of 1834lbs. No rubbing, so far.

Big thanks to the local @Discount Tire for test fitting and contacting fifteen52 directly to confirm fitment.

Time to delete the chrome and debadge.
View attachment 5048 View attachment 5049 View attachment 5050 View attachment 5051
I was a bit discouraged to find any 17" that would fit, but there's hope. Perhaps the 38+mm offset (or less) may do the trick

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
For those trying to keep score... there are the only four 17" wheels, to date, that (a) clear our front calipers, and (b) are load rated high enough for the Ascent. We've looked at over four dozen, so far...

From beefiest looking to most delicate
  • Method MR502 17x8 +42mm
  • fifteen52 Traverse MX 17x8 +38 mm
  • TSW Sebring 17x8 +40mm
  • Liquid Metal Shadow 17x7.5 5/114.3 +40mm
My friends at @Discount Tire can get you any of those four.

All of the details, and pics of each, are here:

REMEMBER:
  1. You MUST instruct your installer to put the balance weights behind the TPMS bump, otherwise the front caliper will rip the weights off.
  2. IF you are trying to match stock specs with a 17" wheel, your tire size should be 245/65R17 for an exact width and circumference match.
  3. You must get the appropriate hub centric rings to make the center hub 56.1mm (except for the Methods - they come in the box).
  4. You must get the proper lug nuts for the wheel you chose. Don't use the stock ones.
  5. You really should keep a set of stock lug nuts if you plan on using your donut in the event of a flat.

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
Yep! Most of them have a decent selection of colors. I should probably update the post with that.

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
I saw a rim that I like for my 2020 Limited. It’s 20x9 will those fit on the stock tires that we got?
Technically, yes. But, it's it's at or beyond the very widest rim I'd use on our stock tires. Our 20" OEM rims are 7.5" width.

321 - 340 of 385 Posts