Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A number of us have had no success in getting a second set of wheels due to clearance of the caliper (for the most part). Please post the make and model (skus would be great) of the wheels you have purchased, installed and are driving on so we can have one spot to check, along with a URL to the specific rims you have.

Specs we are told are:

Size 18 X 7.5
Diameter 18
Bolt Pattern (mm) 5-114.3
Offset (mm) 55 (Subaru OEM)
Load index

At this point, I just rotated the rubber on the existing OEM rims and working on returning my aftermarket rims from Envy - https://westerncanada.envywheels.com/wheel-specification?productId=nx42855

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sport Edition (China), model A8-2

manufacturer part no.A828805GB (gloss black painted)

Size 18 X 8
Bolt Pattern (mm) 5-114.3
Offset (mm) 45
Load index (none specified)

Note: requires hub-centric rings for vehicle mounting.

Tires:

Bridgestone Blizzak DM V2
235/65/18
Service Description 106S

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
What's the wheel/rim width and offset?
Front and Rear
Size:20x8.5
Offset:42mm
Backspacing:6.417"
Bolt Pattern:5-114
Rec. Tire Size:245/50-20
Weight:31.0 lbs.
Finish:Machined w/Black Accent
Construction:1pc. Low Pressure Cast

Front and Rear
Size:18x8
Offset:42mm
Backspacing:6.141"
Bolt Pattern:5-114
Rec. Tire Size:245/60-18
Weight:26.0 lbs.
Finish:Machined w/Black Accent
Construction:1pc. Low Pressure Cast

·
Registered
386 Posts
Also, if you look up your vehicle, then any of the wheels listed on the Discount Tire website are guaranteed to fit! :D
..and one shouldn't confuse "fit" with "work" or some other word. There was the one person on here who could "fit" wheels which were load rated for a WRX but no where near the load rating on the Ascent. Haven't seen any posts since then. I hope things are OK for him/her. Be a shame to spend all that money and be stuck with something that "fit" but didn't "work".

·
Registered
421 Posts
Anderson design lift kit 1.5 no issue with rubbing

Sorry for so many questions but I'd love to get a lift. I'm thinking of doing the 2" LP lift.

Any changes to your handling? Does it lean more in turns? With the larger diameter tires do you notice any decrease in acceleration? Any affect on gas mileage?

Did you get the CKE transmission bushing or the sway bar bushings?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Only thing I notice was a loss in mpg before I would average 24 now I’m down to 19 mpg no bushings installed just the lift and wheels

1 - 20 of 192 Posts