Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to share this. My wife and I just bought a brand new 2021 Subaru Ascent Limited Model. After driving 1,000 miles I noticed on the stiching is breaking apart. Also I found a piece of plastic inside the tail light. I took it to the dealer today

·
Registered
223 Posts
You got plastic in your turn signal?! All I got was/is condensation in mine... :) haha Got 240 miles on mine... Hope they fix those issues for you - the stitching issue is more concerning.

·
Registered
816 Posts
You’ll be taken care of,definitely legit complaints for a newly purchased vehicle .

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Spare parts readily available in your taillight. They will probably do an upholstery repair rather than replacement, but you never know. There are numerous complaints on the Outback forum about the substandard workmanship on the 2021 Outback leather upholstery.. Did something change at Subaru, a new supplier or something?

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Premium, 2021
29 Posts
I have had problems with leather seats splitting at the seams before, but not in a vehicle that is only a week old! I avoid leather now, as we live in a very hot climate I find it doesn't hold up well under extreme circumstances.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,164 Posts
There are numerous complaints on the Outback forum about the substandard workmanship on the 2021 Outback leather upholstery.. Did something change at Subaru, a new supplier or something?
I don't know of anything concrete, but with COVID -- I imagine the supply chain of EVERYTHING is interrupted right now. Computer parts, electronic parts, interior parts, etc. I imagine the entire industry has had to shuffle a bit and it's probably pretty difficult to build cars right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts