Subaru Ascent Forum banner

What do you say to your significant other, as they use a push broom on the car?

• “Agh! No don’t, you’ll scratch the paint!”

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • You stay silent

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • You praise them for their hard work and ingenuity

Votes: 2 6.9%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see your significant other using a long-handled push broom to clear snow off of the top of their Ascent. What do you say to him/her?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Kinda tough actually.

Since you refer to the roof specifically I might just let it go because most people just leave that to become a sheet of ice then fall off in one big lump smashing and denting whatever poor sap is behind them and drives off while they deal with the damage.

·
Registered
918 Posts
What is this snow thing you are referring too?

Still wearing shorts here in AZ!

Reactions: Cactus99

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kinda tough actually.

Since you refer to the roof specifically I might just let it go because most people just leave that to become a sheet of ice then fall off in one big lump smashing and denting whatever poor sap is behind them and drives off while they deal with the damage.

I haven't tried it on the Ascent yet, but I have a moving blanket with a rope on two of the corners that I place on the roof before it snows. When its time to go, pull the ropes to the other side and the blanket pulls the snow off the roof.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda tough actually.

Yes for the poll, I was referring to the roof. In real life, it was the side of the car too! :tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
597 Posts
My wife never clears snow off the car anymore as both cars are in the garage but even if we parked it outside I would be expected to do all the work which is how our relationship has been for a long time.

Luckily my kids are now old enough to help out. They shoveled the driveway without my help last time it snowed!

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
Ummmm... hi?

"What do you say to your significant other, as they use a push broom on the car?"

Hi! Where did we meet? Wow, I musta had an interesting weekend! I was single last Thursday. :grin: :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_wink:

Oh, and about clearing snow from my car? Not with the broom please.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You see your significant other using a long-handled push broom to clear snow off of the top of their Ascent. What do you say to him/her?
You say "Thank you sweetheart for clearing the snow off the car". Then you get a snow rake or have everything from the windshield forward covered in paint protective film and quit worrying about it.. Married 41.5 years to the same wonderful woman!

·
Registered
39 Posts
"Stoopppp!!!"

By my husband knows better, we grew up in the foothills / Northern California, no need to resort to a broom, there are tools for that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts