Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Does your Ascent have deposits present on the inner fender shrouds? If so, in which location?

• No deposits present

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes, deposits present on Driver Side only

• Yes, deposits present on Passenger Side only

• Yes, deposits present on Both Sides

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the original threads regarding the engine bay deposits (https://www.ascentforums.com/thread...on-panels-in-the-engine-bay.8800/#post-118839) has many posts from owners who have noticed engine bay deposits on the fabric covered plastic fender shrouds. At this point, there are multiple theories as to what is causing the deposits. Many data points exist regarding whether the deposits are present on the Driver Side, Passenger Side, or Both. This Poll will help quantify that data.

Vote, and then post below with any other pertinent information (were your deposits present from day 1, etc.). Please post in the existing thread regarding theories, ways to remove the deposits, etc.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Deposits present on passenger side only since delivery of vehicle in July 2019. No increase in deposit amount through October 2019. I cleaned and removed the deposits using ONR at the quick detail dilution in October 2019.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Depending on what I do, I get deposits. I have noticed them for a second time, but, as you can see from the video, mine are with clear reason. I really suspect this material accumulates whatever drips in from the top or splashes in from the bottom. That would also explain the differences in appearance of the deposits since our driving is different (hence why mine is mud based, for instance).

I betcha I could rinse the metal really easily, so, I suspect the stuff comes off that easier in the next rain storms, while it doesn't come off the fibrous panels with just a rinse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts