Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know for negotiations, what have your added warranties cost? And, what extras will they probably try to sell us besides the gold SOA one?
Normal and discounted would be great if you know them. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I never buy extended warranties. If it was a good deal, they wouldn't be selling them. They tried to sell me an extended warranty and a 5 year paint sealant program. No thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We always buy an extended warranty because we keep our cars for a long time and pass them to kids. I just need to know if I should get them from someone else or do it through the dealership if they can match a good price.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,852 Posts
There's a whole forum section devoted to warranty and extended service contracts. Lots and lots of discussion there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called the finance manager at my dealership a few days before yesterday's closing on a 2020 Touring and asked him if he could match the $1495 for the 7/100,000 $100 Gold Plus Plan that I had seen on the internet through another dealership (Luke). He agreed to that price. His original quote was about $2300 so a nice reduction thanks to this forum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer was able to match the cost of $1750 (after researching Luke and the other person's low prices) along with the VIP pricing of 2% under invoice for our new 2020 that will be here in a couple of weeks. YAY! I'm glad we asked. One dealer wouldn't honor it but the other did and they had the color and style that we wanted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts