Subaru Ascent Forum banner

== Please read and give some advice ==

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  packout 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking into getting the N.Y. Lemon Law on my 2020 Ascent. After numerous issues which include the 'clunk' in the front right wheel well. The 'Boing' noise when going over bumps on the highway, that echoes throughout the vehicle.. Took it to two dealerships for them to try and fix these problems. Car was in the shop for over two months. And not fixed correctly.
The radio when connected to my phone has a volume problem that when it rings is seems it is set on the voice volume setting not the ring volume . Have to remember to lower the volume every time I get in the car. Even wrote to SOA about this.
To my surprise I was contacted by SOA via phone call. They had heard about my problems and wanted to give me a few options. Stating that they want to make this right and make me happy with Subaru. The first was the Lemon Law which I was told it did not qualify b/c it was 700 miles over the 18K limit. In a covid year where you cannot get an appt. as quickly as you once were able to . They also cannot take a ride with you to point out the issues and noises. I feel there should be some give on this. Other option was a trade in but the dealership gave such a low ball number that it was not in the ballpark of reality. SOA is going to get back to me ,hopefully with better news.
Thanks for letting me rant a bit , if anyone has had similar issues with getting the lemon law done or has any help on what to avenue to try going down . It would be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi! Sorry to hear of your problems. As far as I know, the New York State Legislature has not addressed any changes to New York State's Lemon Laws due to COVID, and I cannot find any such legislation changes on the books (unless they're buried in something else). Wish I had better news on that front for you. Regardless, that's an area you're better served in asking a professional on that category of law.

Not unexpectedly (to me), Subaru is still trying to make things right, so, hopefully that will go well. Best of luck, and hope whatever you choose next, whether another Subie or not, gives you an experience as satisfying as all the miles I've put on my Ascent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.