Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2021 Touring. Having PIN code access issues.

I read the manual. I followed the instructions. The process seemed to go well and as described. The doors open when finishing the programming steps.

But, when I enter my code the car chirps/beeps once and the doors do not unlock.

Any advice?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you seen this video?

It was linked in a few old threads about the pin code. Since this was my first Subaru it was helpful to see how to set it up and use it properly. I would not have been able to do set it up or unlock it after setting it up without the video. I am not saying you are doing it wrong - but wanted to make sure you saw how to do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you enter the code, are you entering it one digit at a time, and waiting for a single beep after each digit?
So if your code were 21212 it would be:
tap, tap ... pause ... [beep]
tap ... pause ... [beep]
tap ... pause ... [beep]

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring, Crystal White Pearl
15 Posts
One thing to be careful is moving the driver door lock manually to LOCK to disable the key fob in the Ascent does NOT lock the whole car when you shut the door. It only locks the driver door. I found after I disable the key fob I have to push the electronic lock button on the driver door to lock all the doors when it’s closed. This is important because if you follow the directions in the video above, you could walk away from your car thinking all the doors are locked but only the driver door is. So double check the back door and tailgate are locked before you walk away and leave your car unattended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts